So as of Nov 25 2014, Construct 2 does not export to .EXE?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:07 pm

Node-webkit exports standalone executables for Windows, Mac and Linux, in both 32-bit and 64-bit builds for all platforms. You don't need anything else installed to run them (although on Windows you should make sure the user has the latest DirectX components installed, which is normal for Windows games). Since it's based on Chromium, it guarantees your game runs more or less identically as it does in the browser, which is a major advantage that people often don't recognise when suggesting "native exporters".

The latest version of node-webkit does have a bug which was inherited from Chrome itself. Some people seem to panic when there is a bug, but it will get fixed (especially since I believe the issue has already been fixed in Chrome, it just needs to make its way to node-webkit).

See Exporting desktop apps with node-webkit for more info.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:53 pm

So I took an Construct 2 example file and quickly exported it to .EXE (I zipped it for download so just unzip it you will see it's a platformer example and there is a few DLL's etc and an EXE you click to run.)

http://tinyurl.com/o7oz2o3

I will remove it in a few days.

Edit: It's the Windows 64 one so not sure if you have Windows 64 bit, but you can check the files anyway.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General