So I finished the cover art for Super Ubi Land

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:51 pm

[QUOTE=NotionGames]I have a Wacom Cintiq...[/QUOTE]

*transforms into jelly*

Anyway, the cover looks great. Very vibrant and lively.

Two minor things I'd point out. The highlight on the balloon has an outline, which looks weird.

The "L"'s outline is also visible in the highlight.

Other than that, nice stuff!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:55 pm

Thanks for pointing that out too. I feel like im moving 1000 miles an hour jumping from art to the game itself to fixing bugs in the builds.

Fixing that as well! If anyone sees anything else odd please let me know so I can get the cover looking right!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:26 am

Here is an update based on the suggestions you guys were so kind enough to share with me.

I touched up on the shadows a bit for the cacti, it's still not perfect but I'm moving on from those haha.

Touched up around the logo

and moved around the pink Slimes more towards the shrubs

B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:10 pm

Looking really nice!

I would absolutely love a Cintiq. Feel free to send it my way if you don't like it.

My le1600 is pretty cool to use. It only has 256 levels of pressure but it is great to sit with it on my lap while my wife watches the tv in the evenings. The battery only lasts around 2 hours though.

I am really looking forward to reviews of the Ja Ja Stylus. It has 1024 levels of pressure and will work with my iPad2. It could be the holy grail of portable digital sketchbooks. I will need to sort out my wifes Bubble Witch addiction though....
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:20 am

Love your art style. great looking cover.
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:45 pm

I really like the cover art. I don't think the name "pops" enough though. The first thing I see is "super", but then it skips the rest of the text and moves down to the little green guy. Maybe make the text outline thicker/bolder?

You will want the full name to be the first thing people look at because of how memory works. People tend to remember the first and last thing they see. You can't guarantee that they will see the logo last, but you can make it more likely that it will be the first thing they see and remember.

It's a lot easier to Google "Super UBI Land" than "little green guy". Although you might want to embed that into your meta tag as well.
B

Post » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:38 pm

Thanks for the advice! :D
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic