So.. what do you guys do?

0 favourites
  • We've had threads like age.. jobs etc.. but what do you guys do in your lives?

I play a lot of piano - keyboard in a band- play squash/football, and laze around as much as humanly possible (haven't been in anything you'd call employment for 3 years now ). Played some online poker and still play occasionally, though it requires effort..

• I play a lot of piano too! Mostly i'm practicing acrobatics, since i'm going to a cirkus scool. I also do a lot of card-manipulation. Last two weeks i've been spending about 50% of my awake time to watch that 70's show. I've allmost seen all seasons now! For the third time..

• Acrobatics!? Well, Construct users must be agile to be able to avoid random crashes and bugs coming out from every possible place .

• I love swimming. It's part of my life. Whenever I have time, I go swimming at the pool or in the sea, it's really satisfatying.

The other thing I like is computer gaming and programming; also game creation.

My other minor hobby is soccer

• I play a lot of piano too! Mostly i'm practicing acrobatics, since i'm going to a cirkus scool. I also do a lot of card-manipulation. Last two weeks i've been spending about 50% of my awake time to watch that 70's show. I've allmost seen all seasons now! For the third time..

What do you play? Out of interest.

Acrobatics!? Well, Construct users must be agile to be able to avoid random crashes and bugs coming out from every possible place .

• I'm into computer graphics, using Photoshop and 3D stuff like, generally trying to create things I think look good. I like movies, I have quite a few DVDs, probably near 700, horror and comedy being my favourite genres. I also like gaming, mainly PC gaming, first person shooters and stuff like that. My job is working for a large newspaper company, mainly DTP stuff with a slight graphic design edge.

• i'm a Hawks cheerleader, sweeping the ladies off their feet on a regular basis as well performing gymnastics for the routines.

i'm a Costco employee, waking up at 3am to start my 4am shift to make the warehouse look good before it opens.

i'm multilingual, currently learning to speak Italian with the other romance languages right after i finish teaching myself and i also know enough Swedish, Japanese, Mandarin, and Russian to travel around.

i'm slowly learning to play the electric guitar in between everything else i do.

i also installed Xubuntu on my lower end machine recently so i'll be toying around with Linux for a while.

• LOL everyone likes the topic when they get to talk aboot themselves

I'm 24, halfway through my BS in Fine Arts, (actually, a degree in Game Art and Design) Right now I'm learning 3ds Max and Modo (awesome program). I work at Super Target in produce. Interests include music (Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Stratovarius, Angra, Dragonforce, Edguy, Heavenly), making games and the Finnish language/culture. I have four fat dogs.

• I'm into computer graphics, using Photoshop and 3D stuff like, generally trying to create things I think look good. I like movies...

Same here. I actually went to school for graphic design and 3d animation, but I dropped out my third year. I kinda had a mental breakdown during one of the finals weeks. I haven't modeled anything since then.

Some day I hope to go back to school, but I kinda screwed myself financially so now I owe an assload of money before I can go back. Ho-hum. Such is the life of an art-school dropout.

I still do some photoshopping now and then, but nothing too special.

I also dig movies, but after taking some film classes I tend to be more critical of them. I can usually guess the entire plot of a movie within the first five or ten minutes, just based on the introduction of the main characters. Often times I can guess it just based off the trailer. Kinda sucks watching movies when you have knowledge of plot structure and character archetypes, but it makes movies that I can't guess the plot to all the more enjoyable.

Oddly enough though, having a little background knowledge has made watching bad movies more fun. I know it's going to be bad, so I can just turn off the analytical part of my brain and enjoy it. It's good movies that I have a hard time enjoying thoroughly, because I'm always "behind the scenes" so to speak.

I also like reading, but I haven't really found the time lately to get into anything I'd recommend. I read Duma Key by Stephen King about a week ago, the first Stephen King book I'd read in about ten years. It started off okay, but eventually devolved into the same old crap that was the reason I stopped reading Stephen King in the first place. I don't recommend it, unless you happen to like crappy horror writers.

• [quote:2d5ts7x2]What do you play? Out of interest.

I used to play some classical music back when i had a teacher, but i never really liked it. Now i mostly play by ear, and I've practised that so much now that i can play most songs right after i hear them. I also make my own music. Then i use a midi keyboard and make the music in Reason.

Other facts:

Lives: Stockholm, Sweden

length: 180 cm

weight: 70 kg muscles

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I also dig movies, but after taking some film classes I tend to be more critical of them. I can usually guess the entire plot of a movie within the first five or ten minutes, just based on the introduction of the main characters. Often times I can guess it just based off the trailer. Kinda sucks watching movies when you have knowledge of plot structure and character archetypes, but it makes movies that I can't guess the plot to all the more enjoyable.

Oddly enough though, having a little background knowledge has made watching bad movies more fun. I know it's going to be bad, so I can just turn off the analytical part of my brain and enjoy it. It's good movies that I have a hard time enjoying thoroughly, because I'm always "behind the scenes" so to speak.

Heh, I know what you mean, I did Film Studies and Media courses , and I find myself concentrating on stuff like direction, cinematography, mise en scene etc rather than the plot sometimes. I'll be sat there looking for hidden meanings, or wondering how they did something. It can either ruin a film, or make it better. I sometimes just try to turn that part of my brain off and enjoy the film.

I did a Computer Graphics course also, I saw it through to it's crappy conclusion. They didn't teach us much, just kinda showed us how to open the programs and let us get on with it, and I think most of the class surpassed the tutors' abilities. I've drifted away from the 3D side of things more now, I think mainly due to my job. I still have some decent renders to show for it at least. I've been meaning to get back into it though, and I've found myself booting 3D Studio MAX up more often, although only for smaller things at the moment.

• I did a Computer Graphics course also, I saw it through to it's crappy conclusion. They didn't teach us much, just kinda showed us how to open the programs and let us get on with it

That doesn't sound great. But talking about knowing too much and overanalysing, having done computer graphics programming, I'm always picking apart adverts. Aliasing on that zooming title... aliasing on that motion blur... some ads are really lazy about it

• I did a Computer Graphics course also, I saw it through to it's crappy conclusion. They didn't teach us much, just kinda showed us how to open the programs and let us get on with it, and I think most of the class surpassed the tutors' abilities.

Damn, that's a shame. If you're going to shell out the money for school, they should be giving you what it's worth.

My photoshop (aka "Image Manipulation") classes were, thankfully, educational for me. I thought I was okay at it before but damn, I didn't know half as much about photoshop as I thought I did. Even so, I only took the intro and intermediate classes, they don't require you to take advanced classes unless you're going into web design or whatever. Still, they teach you enough to do texturing and compositing and matte painting and stuff, and some print media prep. I mean, besides the regular photo manipulation stuff.

Ahrg, I miss school

• I try to avoid being outdoors too much this time of year, but when it gets cooler I enjoy kayaking and camping. The camping part especially demands cooler weather... I can't imagine how anyone could enjoy sleeping in a tent when its so hot and humid.

I don't really care about the exercise part of it, although I imagine its probably good for your cardio. I just like being out on the water and getting the chance to see animals in the wild.

One of these days I'm going to see a shark! I've lived in Florida for over 20 years and despite all of the time I've spent on the water I can only say that I think I saw a fin once.

• Im a gamer, sad but true. its all I do. dont have the money for anything else and going down the road of debt. Other than making games I walk my cats outside. Yes I walk my cats. I also collect little cat knick-knacks. All this stuff you guys do sounds pretty productive >.< Construct is free though! and I can steal internet from the neighbors, however weak it may be. w00t!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)