So What Is Your First Impression Of C3?

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:33 pm

Moot wrote:The behavior window is confusing. What's the add button?

I agree and made a report about it yesterday. I saw earlier where @Ashley said he was going to update it. I just wonder whether it was a design choice or an oversight. I mean, what did they think people would do when they clicked the Behaviors link and saw a blank pop-up box? Automatically know to double-click or right-click the space to add a behavior? I usually call this app a kid-friendly engine, but that's not good interface design for anyone.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:42 pm

Lets just not bash the developers away from the development of construct engine
instead providing feedback and replies should be more then enough all are futures depend on it in some way if we are to use construct
and the developers too but their making it instead : ) .
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:44 pm

Tom wrote:What features are missing? I get that you can't use them because it's locked to free edition right now, but they are going to be ready for testing in the last week. We're confident at the end of the beta everything will be working great and we'll be comfortable to start selling it.

@Tom I love how it looks at the moment and I've played around with it but I must admit I'd be better if we could just load our current projects in construct 3 and play around with the new features. I was really looking forward to testing the array editor for my main project and sadly the new stuff isn't accessible. I'd be logging tons of testing hours and I'm very keen on submitting feedback/bugs but there isn't much incentive to start testing right now.

Is there any chance you'll be unlocking a few features as the beta goes forth? It seems strange to test the basic stuff for a month and then the new stuff for just a week basically making this more of a evaluation period instead of a beta test.

From a sales perspective it's also better to allow people to work on their main projects using new features because it makes them want to buy the license when the beta ends.

I'm definitely buying so I don't mind either way and just so you know I'm not looking for an evaluation period. I love C2 and can't wait to work on C3. I'll still be testing with smaller projects.
Last edited by Aardappelboom on Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:44 pm

digitalsoapbox wrote:Maybe...those features will take longer than a week to test? Just a thought...

Moot wrote:And we are using a limited version where most of the best features are locked. How can we test for those bugs?

I must say I agree on this matter. I wanted to create a new real project from scratch on C3 because, as for me, the better way to take the software in hand is from a real development process. But there are too much limitations. If even "basic" features like families are locked, there's no way to create anything a bit complex.

Limitations like 40 events by projects, 2 layers per layout, no subfolder, are easily incapacitating enough to be sure that anyone who really wants to make actual games would buy it. Plus, that is a beta. You should allow people to see how great your software can really be.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:38 pm

xrosax wrote:Lets just not bash the developers away from the development of construct engine
instead providing feedback and replies should be more then enough

I've put in several bug reports already. I think this thread is on topic, giving first impressions and talking about the bugs and overall feel for the engine so far. I don't see much bashing.

xrosax wrote:all are futures depend on it in some way

My future doesn't depend on Construct 3 in any way, and I'm pretty sure it's not life-altering for anyone else either. Seems an exaggerated statement.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:53 pm

xrosax wrote:Lets just not bash the developers away from the development of construct engine
instead providing feedback and replies should be more then enough all are futures depend on it in some way if we are to use construct and the developers too but their making it instead : ) .

I think all our futures depend more on how humanity will decide to (finally) act on issues like climate, over-population, and human greed/stupidity, rather than one piece of software :D

But that's just me thinking out loud. ;)
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:57 pm

Let's just try to keep on topic please. I see quite a few good ideas here and the developers are going to listen and make some good changes. Let's not get the thread locked by going off topic etc.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:08 pm

I personally feel it's a little... light... and (for me) does not address a lot of issues I had with C2, but now that all the problems that the old GUI framework had are out of the way, let's keep reporting bugs and give feedback. The sooner this new base hardens, the earlier they have time for implementing new stuff on top of it.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:25 pm

My first impression was pretty positive - I like the overall look/feel better than C2. And I like the larger sample games that are included.

I think I'm done playing around with the beta though. I just can't spend much time on a limited version of Construct at this point. If all the features were unlocked and I could import my C2 projects I'd be testing more aggressively, but as it stands I'll wait for the full version/game jam version.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:52 pm

a bit laggy in chromium, but still quite impressive.
Not worth selling your soul to the renting model though. I am not convinced yet , sorry :)
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion