So What Is Your Second Impression of C3 And Will You Buy?

Post » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:06 pm

digitalsoapbox wrote:The problem with this argument is that it applies to literally every piece of hardware and software ever made, but to earn that kind of trust, what's working today needs to be as feature-full as promised, and it hasn't been. Timelines are not built on potential future functionality in a commercial setting - there's no reason this long-proven way to do business should be applied any differently to Construct.

That's another good point.
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:15 am

Moot wrote:
newt wrote:Also, I could care less about Hedy's comments.

That reference is lost on me. Who is Hedy?

Moot.. come on man. You asked who someone is when you have the entire internet at the tip of your fingers? One search and you would've found your answer :lol:
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:25 am

@Moot Yeah and to be frank the last thing I care about currently is making Browser games.
Does that then mean that I'm not Construct's target audience?
Looking at the Newgrounds competition and Ashleys comments in this thread it does seem that Construct is more of a "fill the void Flash left" and "one day all games will be played in a browser" movement rather than to be a game engine for the desktop / native phones etc.
That might all be correct "someday".

Anyway I'm still here looking at where it's going but I'm not going to lie, I'm also very keenly checking out Fusion 3 that seemed to have fixed most issues people had with mmf2 and fusion 2.5. I.e it's a complete re-write.

I really love Construct, the quickness of getting something up and running, the cool behaviors, the excellent event system but I need to look at where I eventually want to publish too and if the games I make is in the scope of Construct.

I appreciate all the benefits Chrome / html5 / Webgl brings too but it doesn't help we champion a technology and also rent the privilege to do so.

I guess color me cautiously optimistic at this point in time.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:26 am

....thinking about this some more and to try sound less cynical about the performance issues.
The opposite is obviously also true.
If there are major breakthroughs from Chrome et al (Khronos group) with HTML5 and WebGL2, etc then we reap the benefits.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:59 am

When is the third impression thread coming up @lamar ?
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:53 pm

X3M wrote:When is the third impression thread coming up @lamar ?

Haha whenever he makes another spam account and before he gets banned yet again.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:05 pm

I have just noticed that he is banned, what he was banned for ?
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:23 pm

The straw that broke the camels back was him falsely accusing me in public of attempting to manipulate other forum members into driving him off the website. My decision to perm ban him was concreted by the revolting personal and threatening emails he sent us afterwards.

This thread has run it's course as it's going OT and the OP is no longer here so I'm going to lock it up. Understand there are some side topics being discussed in here, if you want to continue them feel free to start a new thread.
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Previous

Return to General Discussion