So What Is Your Second Impression of C3 And Will You Buy?

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:49 pm

I plan to buy C3 for at least the first year. I am a hobbyist and would love to see some return on my invested time and money but for now I am having way too much fun building games in Construct to consider myself too 'serious'. I have used Construct 2 for about 2.5 years now and in that time I have participated in about 15 game jams solo or with friends doing art/sound/music as well as making countless prototypes and tiny games.

One of the biggest selling points for me is being able to work on the game from a number of different devices and locations easily being browser based and syncing with dropbox. I have started teaching my 6 year old some construct basics on a tablet with this since the touch screen is much more intuitive to younger kids than mouse/keyboard. The current touch controls are a little awkward and I have issues accidentally touching the back button and losing lots of work but I am confident improvements will be made and I will adjust to the controls over time.

I am skeptical of C3 being worth the subscription fee each year but I feel like I have more than got my money's worth from C2 so I will happily sub day 1.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:55 pm

lamar wrote:
mammoth wrote:I will buy C3 the day it comes out. So excited for the release.

Please tell us how you will be using C3 if you will be subscribing and if you are a serious game designer, small time game designer, hobbyist, educator or using the engine for some other purpose?

Also please tell us if you are a long time C2 user or new to game design or switching from some other engine to a Sciirra engine?

@mammoth If he asks you for your social security number and home address, don't give it to him! :lol:

@lamar You're out of control. The only reason you would want to know that information about someone is if you think they are too inexperienced to have that opinion, or if you plan to discredit them. Otherwise, it wouldn't matter. I remember you trying to do the same thing to me. If he likes C3 and wants to buy it, let him. :roll:
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:55 pm

Tom wrote:Lamar, I thought you were leaving because you thought we disrespected you? It seems relentlessly for the last several weeks there's been an endless reel of negativity and questions from you.

Have you considered that perhaps Construct 3 is not for you? If Construct 3 is not for you, maybe you should move on.

Tom I have not been negative at all but I am realistic and this post is not negative and is getting good response.

I have games on the arcade and I help the members asking questions and I have people working on graphics for my game and I am a licensed user that still will be using C2 occasionally and I expect to get my updates.

I am certainly not the only one that has expressed not liking C3 but it seems you don't want anyone to express anything negative about C3 or asking any tough questions.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:56 pm

Tom wrote:Lamar, I thought you were leaving because you thought we disrespected you? It seems relentlessly for the last several weeks there's been an endless reel of negativity and questions from you.

Have you considered that perhaps Construct 3 is not for you? If Construct 3 is not for you, maybe you should move on.

B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:00 pm

lamar wrote:

Tom I have not been negative at all but I am realistic and this post is not negative and is getting good response.

I have games on the arcade and I help the members asking questions and I have people working on graphics for my game and I am a licensed user that still will be using C2 occasionally and I expect to get my updates.

I am certainly not the only one that has expressed not liking C3 but it seems you don't want anyone to express anything negative about C3 or asking any tough questions.

Sorry, but the endless reel of questions and frequent misrepresentations of what we say and do forces us to keep an eye on what you're posting and is starting to become a real drain on our time and resources.

We're fine with criticism, but your posts are coming off as purposefully aggravating, and attempting to whip up dissent and concern. At this point, I've just about had enough and we've shown you a lot of patience.

It's obvious Construct 3 is not something you're interested in. So, how about you move on and stop posting about it.
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:00 pm

So @Tom are you going to do anything about the members here trying to disrupt this thread or is that your plan to use them to drive me off the website?

People are watching and they see what is going on.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:01 pm

newt wrote:"* Modular event features, aimed at capabilities like building plugins out of events "
Yeah, and I have to wait, again, to maybe get it.
Meanwhile I have to invest anything I've made with them back into it.
To be honest Im just about finished with everything gamedev related, it's all just become so depressing.

C'mon man, cheer up... Gamedev is not easy. I've been working two years on the same game and not even done yet, but I wouldn't blame it on the tool. It's the easiest I've found so far. Even if i'm stuck or don't know how to do something, I'll figure it out eventually.

The reason I find it hard to finish my project is I would rather blame on, laziness, full time job, full time wife, friday after work beer, hangovers, etc. Without C2 i wouldn't even have made it this far, I would probably still be on my first few lines of code, swearing why the hell it's not doing anything that I want at all... LOL

Pushing all our needs and desires to the small C3 team doesn't solve anything. Instead we need to learn to work with the tools we have at our disposal. Maybe your next project can take advantage of the upcoming features .... but waiting for stuff, is not the way to go.

A lot of people here want this and that. I also want stuff... But I'm not gonna sit on my ass blaming the Scirra devs for not providing me with exactly what I need. That's a pretty Lame excuse for not following your dream of developing your own games.
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:03 pm

lamar wrote:People are watching and they see what is going on.

We're all watching alright. It's like a train wreck.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:04 pm

lamar wrote:So @Tom are you going to do anything about the members here trying to disrupt this thread or is that your plan to use them to drive me off the website?

You're now banned for accusing me of trying to manipulate people into driving you off the website.

Everyone else feel free to continue discussing your thoughts on C3 so far.
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:04 pm

lamar wrote:So @Tom are you going to do anything about the members here trying to disrupt this thread or is that your plan to use them to drive me off the website?

@lamar

Your persistent passive-aggressive trolling to get a ban clearly isnt working for you. I do find it entertaining to watch though and would gladly pay $99 per year just to see you getting shot down time after time! :D

edit: lol
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion