So What Is Your Second Impression of C3 And Will You Buy?

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:07 pm

lamar wrote:Sorry Ashley if I misrepresented it but I was sure the first time I read that blog it said you were going to let C2 sunset?

Just to be clear to any users who may be worried about this, we are going to continue to maintain Construct 2 for the foreseeable future much as we have been doing over the past year, as we have repeatedly said in all our posts recently. Please ignore any statements to the contrary, especially if they don't link to the source, which is obviously really easy to do on the web.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:09 pm

Tom wrote:
lamar wrote:So @Tom are you going to do anything about the members here trying to disrupt this thread or is that your plan to use them to drive me off the website?

People are watching and they see what is going on.

You're now banned for accusing me of trying to manipulate people into driving you off the website.

Everyone else feel free to continue discussing your thoughts on C3 so far.

Can you feel it? It's a brand new day! Now, my feelings about C3 now are this:

- I like the overall feel of it. It's familiar to C2 but slicker.
- I like how fast it loads.
- I like that I can make something as quick as I could in C2.

- I don't like that it's in the browser. It makes me feel constricted when using it. Mental thing, I'm sure.
- I don't like the subscription model, but I've paid for Adobe subs before, so it's no biggie.
- I don't like that it's not as capable as other engines I use, primarily Unity, but what do you expect?

Though I don't plan on subbing right away, I might just to see how it progresses over the year. I won't ever use it for developing a large project because I'm a 3D animator by trade and thus need an engine that supports it. I do, however, think C3 has a future if it takes advantage and pushes web technologies further.
Last edited by Bleenx on Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:11 pm

Ashley wrote:
lamar wrote:Sorry Ashley if I misrepresented it but I was sure the first time I read that blog it said you were going to let C2 sunset?

Just to be clear to any users who may be worried about this, we are going to continue to maintain Construct 2 for the foreseeable future much as we have been doing over the past year, as we have repeatedly said in all our posts recently. Please ignore any statements to the contrary, especially if they don't link to the source, which is obviously really easy to do on the web.

I knew there was trouble brewing when he said you mentioned "sunset" in your post and then asked you if you edited it. I read that blog. Never saw "sunset" once.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:14 pm

@Ashley @Tom I guess one big question I have, since it's been brought up about C2 losing support and so on, is will plugins for C3 also work for C2 and will old plugins for C2 work for it when it goes to the option of using the C3 runtime like I read in the blog? I read the blog post that you guys were going to basically make C2 and C3 interchangeable in how they run their games, but I was still unclear on how plugins would work. Maybe you covered it and I'm just tired and need it spelled out in black and white.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:33 pm

Well well... people on the internet... thinking they can post about anything - even personally attacking people when they are not on the same side of a discussion. :o
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:34 pm

Tom wrote:
lamar wrote:So @Tom are you going to do anything about the members here trying to disrupt this thread ....what is going on.

You're now banned for accusing me of trying to manipulate people into driving you off the website.

Everyone else feel free to continue discussing your thoughts on C3 so far.

Thank f**k for that.....

and I hate saying it cos you(Lamar) helped me in the past.... but dude ... what the hell man...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:34 pm

5Type wrote:Well well... people on the internet... thinking they can post about anything - even personally attacking people when they are not on the same side of a discussion. :o

For anyone who missed the context, Lamar was back posting accusations that we're a scam company. Was willing to reconsider his ban at end of beta but not anymore. He's permanently banned now, account and IP address.
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:36 pm

Bleenx wrote:
newt wrote:To be honest Im just about finished with everything gamedev related, it's all just become so depressing.

To be honest Im just about finished with THE FORUM, it's all just become so depressing.

There, I fixed it for you.

Nah the forum isn't an issue. People need to express themselves, but they also need to listen to the other side.
The issue is feeling useless. Like you're starting over, and over.....
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:36 pm

Tom wrote:
5Type wrote:Well well... people on the internet... thinking they can post about anything - even personally attacking people when they are not on the same side of a discussion. :o

For anyone who missed the context, Lamar was back posting accusations that we're a scam company. Was willing to reconsider his ban at end of beta but not anymore. He's permanently banned now, account and IP address.

Good move.

He was even sending PMs telling people (to me as well) to not subscribe because "because".
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:37 pm

corlenbelspar wrote:I guess one big question I have, since it's been brought up about C2 losing support

To be clear, Construct 2 is not losing support.

will plugins for C3 also work for C2

No.

will old plugins for C2 work for it when it goes to the option of using the C3 runtime like I read in the blog? I read the blog post that you guys were going to basically make C2 and C3 interchangeable in how they run their games, but I was still unclear on how plugins would work. Maybe you covered it and I'm just tired and need it spelled out in black and white.

Yes, we covered it here.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion