So what with the world ending and all..

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:44 pm

[quote="SoldjahBoy":3t01hqnu]Progess in science has always been disproving current theories and replacing them with more accurate ones... this machine will smash everything we "think we know" and replace it with what is REALLY correct.[/quote:3t01hqnu]
I guess this is the real reason - scientists have worked out all the maths and want to see it happen for real, so they know their understanding of particle physics is correct (not just a good theory), and to test other theories and come up with new ones.

This is a bit of a shot in the dark since I don't know much about particle physics, but I guess it might help with the development of fusion power.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:01 pm

[quote="Ashley":28908h6k]
This is a bit of a shot in the dark since I don't know much about particle physics, but I guess it might help with the development of fusion power.[/quote:28908h6k]

Fusion has already been proved in concept, they just need to design and build a large enough reactor to sustain the reaction. Which coincidentally they currently are (in France, of all places), but it's not going online until 2018.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:21 am

What is Particle Physics you wonder?

Construct reveals the answers!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic