Socket.IO tutorial

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:03 pm

Hello everyone
Anyone knows a good tutorial on how to make a socket.Io server
And knowing that the server will be compatible with Zack0Wack0 Socket.Io plugin or a tutorial on how to use the plugin and make a server .

Thank you everyone
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:26 am

I doubt you appreciate the difficulty of network programming. Network programming is too difficult to be tutorialized. However, this is a good place to get started.

GameDev Multiplayer FAQ
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:54 am

[QUOTE=Trevor10] I doubt you appreciate the difficulty of network programming. Network programming is too difficult to be tutorialized ...[/QUOTE]
@kbdmaster
I'd go along with Trevor10 here. And as Zack0Wack0 said to you in another thread where you asked basically the same question:

"I'm going to be completely honest here, if you can't work out how to setup MMO networking, then you shouldn't be making a MMO."

As for me, I do understand your eagerness to make a multi-player game - that's great, and one day you will - but you really do need to start with mastering the theory and practice of network programming. It's complex and challenging stuff [voice of experience ], and one day you will master it, but start with getting your head around the basics: here's a really good place to start.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:20 pm

@Velojet i am really starting to practice ... i can do a server but .. i cannot figure out how to make the server setup
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:26 pm

@kbdmaster. If you really want a multiplayer game that bad then I suggest learning how to program.

AS3 is pretty easy to learn, And C2's event system feels allot like AS3 programming, I mean AS3 is a programming language so you need a IDE but the events and expressions are similar!

Multiplayer is not something C2 is easily able to do right now, a user is developing a multiplayer plugin, but I presume its not easy and I have no heard from him in a while, so your gonna have to wait.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:04 pm

I'm not doing a multiplayer rather socket.io I use to see if I can make node.js what is playing on a page can be viewed in another or if I can synchronize two devices to enter a page. if you have any idea how I can do this I would appreciate very much.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:54 pm

may this article help you a little

http://smus.com/multiplayer-html5-games-with-node/
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:57 pm

I already understood to socket.io with node.js and found an example but this example is an object which I imagine is a plugin or something called "controller" know where I can find this plugin I imagine is to control a sprite from any touch device
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General