solution to input forms

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:04 pm

Hello,

Any suggestions on how to handle this...

I have input forms, such as input boxes and drop down menus.
If I put a layer above these and set the layer with the input form to invisible, and I click a spot that the form is at (but yet invisible) my next onclick action is ignored. Ie: I have to click something twice to make the onclick/touch action fire

The only thing I can think of is on making the layer invisible to make the form disabled, but I am seeing if there is another way before I change my whole project.

Cheers.
If you are looking for solutions and workarounds to the Windows 10 C2 performance issues feel free to reach out to me.

Following rexrainbow's lead - Goodbye.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:25 am

Maybe try posting a simplified .capx will help us understand better.

One thing to remember is that form elements float above the canvas, so trying to add a layer above a form element could be the problem.

If the layer is invisible, just have it's x-position set offscreen, and re-position when needed. That way it won't be able to interact by accident.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:36 am

Cant you stuff all the form controls in a family and their events below a group?

Then when the form is not needed, make the family invisible, and disable the group so the events wont fire.lennaert2013-12-25 09:37:57
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:08 pm

both of those solutions worked great! the family option seemed to be quickest.

thanks!
If you are looking for solutions and workarounds to the Windows 10 C2 performance issues feel free to reach out to me.

Following rexrainbow's lead - Goodbye.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General