[SOLVED]2 instances of C2 open at the same time?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
10 Orchestral Soundtracks / ~2 mins each / 11 audio clips in total
  • Hello World,

Is there any danger in having 2 instances of C2 open at the same time? One where I work in, and another where I consult a tutorial for example? Any chance of anything getting... "transferred" for lack of a better word, or bugs popping up, etc. Any chance of anything going wrong at all?

Thank you.

• Should be fine. I've had three open at once in the past.

• It fine to do as they run as separate instances

• I do this all the time, never had a problem. Be careful though, because you can also open two projects in the same instance, which can lead to all kinds of confusion. Not even sure why that's a permitted behavior.

• Ok, thank you very much guys.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can open two, three, four... but never five! NEVER FIVE.

(Just kidding)

• You can even copy/paste events from one window to another, assuming the same variables, objects, etc being referenced exist in both projects. Its super handy for restoring a broken mess from experimenting with your old working version.

As a super helpful tip, i ALWAYS (now) change the theme of the 'temporary' or 'reference' project to something dark / drastically different to my main 'WORKING' code... especially in the case of referencing between 2 versions of the same code, you dont want to get mixed up and start adding new features to your old version. Having a visual theme is the easiest way to identify which one is which since all the other stuff is almost identical. I learned this the hard way.

• As a super helpful tip, i ALWAYS (now) change the theme of the 'temporary' or 'reference' project to something dark / drastically different to my main 'WORKING' code... especially in the case of referencing between 2 versions of the same code, you dont want to get mixed up and start adding new features to your old version. Having a visual theme is the easiest way to identify which one is which since all the other stuff is almost identical. I learned this the hard way.

Oh wow...I like that idea a lot. Because...yeah, I've done that before. Then you really have a mess to sort out.

Thanks for sharing!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)