[Solved] Browser does not appear to support HTML5

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Comprehensive localization solution for Construct 3 projects, no addons required!
  • I'm using IE 9 on win 7 64bit, and I got this message whenever i try to run someones C2 project - all example made by devs are working fine thought :/

• That's odd. Were changes made to the HTML source? If you made a mistake editing the HTML it might always show the "not supported" message. Maybe post the HTML here.

• no no, i got this while viewing someone elses projects, all example files made by you (devs) or me works fine! It only hapens while trying to run someones project (usualy 90% of time i got this message)

• Well it's weird, IE9 definitely can run canvas. I think whoever's game you are running must have made a mistake in the HTML. Could you post a link to it or copy-paste the HTML source here so I can see what they've done? Maybe we can add extra comments to help prevent people doing it again in future.

• ie. this dl.dropbox.com/u/23880596/Hiscraft/index.html

but i just noticed that's on the dropbox so probably thats the issue

• That's odd, I've had a look and can't see anything wrong. I've no idea why IE9 won't show the canvas. Anyone got any ideas?

• IE sucks :/ i guess try this excanvas.sourceforge.net

• Why everybody hates IE? cause it's microsoft?! or what?

I'm using it since was added to windows (and had acces to internet)and never had any problems with it. Opera, chrome, firefox why? they are faster? allows you to open hundreds of pages at same time?

• Why everybody hates IE? cause it's microsoft?! or what?

I'm using it since was added to windows (and had acces to internet)and never had any problems with it. Opera, chrome, firefox why? they are faster? allows you to open hundreds of pages at same time?

You know the reason why everyone hates IE because Microsoft doesn't even care about W3C standards, it's own monopoly.

European Union forced Microsoft to create a new start up module to choose one of the 5 browsers like Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome and IE before to surf the internet... it's for new computers with Windows 7 in european territory.

• shinkan, didn't you notice your IE9 has turned off javascript engine?

• [quote=]European Union forced Microsoft to create a new start up module to choose one of the 5 browsers like Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome and IE before to surf the interne

so? You are buying Microsoft Windows which have Microsoft IE inside. Don't like it, don't use - simple as that.

If you buy a car, let say Mercedes do you have a pop up message leting you choose witch company engine you want to use?

[quote=]didn't you notice your IE9 has turned off javascript engine?

No, I can run up every project i made without any problems.

• You are buying Microsoft Windows which have Microsoft IE inside. Don't like it, don't use - simple as that.

Things are rarely that simple.

I hate everything MicroS**T, but due to it's market prevalence, and work requirements, I need to use it. Choice isn't always a possibility. :(

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • yes that's true unfortunately - i was reffering to IE specifically - but it's true anyway. Windows is installed in most of modern companies and you have to use it, but at home noone is forcing you. Don't like microsoft get linux, mac, or whatever... get yourself a piece of wood and carve yourself a wooden boat ;)

• This discussion is irrelevant - people are free to choose the browsers they want. IE9 has far and away the best canvas implementation - it draws with the best quality and is also the fastest. So I really like running Construct 2 games in IE9.

IE9 supports canvas perfectly, there's no need at all for excanvas. The question is, why isn't it showing the canvas in the link? I guess something in the HTML is invalid and somehow broke it, but I can't find what.

• Thank you Ashley ;)

Back to subject. I did try few diferent links, and it looks like that i cannot load projects from dropbox. I even made myself a new project and upload it to my dropbox folder.

test project

Same situation, it's telling my that my browser does not support HTML5.

Running index.html locally works perfectly fine in IE9.

EDIT: fixed link

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)