[SOLVED]Can't add effects without causing crash in 99.97

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Minimalist Crash Balls is a game where the goal is to hit the ball on the portal, with 20 different levels :)
  • Hi,

I'm using 99.97

In any cap, old or new, when I add any effect to any sprite, Construct crashes with the message

'Construct has stopped working'

Last week I downloaded

advanced filter.fx and

color replace.fx

I can't remember now for sure, but when I put color replace in the effects folder, there might have already been one there, if so, I replaced it.

I don't know if effects were working before I added those new ones as I just started using Construct again.

I've now removed the two effects from the effects folder and also reinstalled Construct. It still crashes when I add an effect to a sprite. Is it just me? The fresh installation doesn't include color replace.fx so maybe I was wrong about it already being there.

• Try installing Construct Classic r1.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I installed Classic and still had the same problem so it had to be me.

The problem was, I wasn't connected to the internet when I installed 97.99 or r1. So the Direct X updates that I had already installed at some point did not get updated. I had made the assumption that nothing would have changed and was wrong. Now I'm all updated and everything works fine.

I've also added the two effects that I had originally wanted and they work fine too. So now I'm a happy cat again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)