(Solved) Can't link my youtube channel on my Scirra page

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
  • So, I tried to link my YT channel to my page, but the URL seems to be wrong... My channel's url is youtube.com/channel/UC7H7uqogMSPhSqjMsN9Vw2g

but when I go trough my pages' (side note; is " pages' " correct?) yt link, the url is: ________________ youtube.com/user/UC7H7uqogMSPhSqjMsN9Vw2g

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

• So, I tried to link my YT channel to my page, but the URL seems to be wrong... My channel's url is youtube.com/channel/UC7H7uqogMSPhSqjMsN9Vw2g

but when I go trough my pages' (side note; is " pages' " correct?) yt link, the url is: ________________ youtube.com/user/UC7H7uqogMSPhSqjMsN9Vw2g

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

I forgot the specific requirements but i think it has something to do with your channel's lacking of subscribers.

Add more viewers and subscribers on your channel and by that you can make your own custom url and be able to link it to scirra.

• > So, I tried to link my YT channel to my page, but the URL seems to be wrong... My channel's url is youtube.com/channel/UC7H7uqogMSPhSqjMsN9Vw2g

> but when I go trough my pages' (side note; is " pages' " correct?) yt link, the url is: ________________ youtube.com/user/UC7H7uqogMSPhSqjMsN9Vw2g

>

> Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

>

I forgot the specific requirements but i think it has something to do with your channel's lacking of subscribers.

Add more viewers and subscribers on your channel and by that you can make your own custom url and be able to link it to scirra.

But I can't really "ad" more subs to my channel... There isn't a button called "Ad 10 subs"

Should I re-post it in the bug section?

• No. It's not a bug. It's not that scirra doesn't allow you, it's youtube not allowing you.

• Here is the link if you want to know more about youtube custom urls... : https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2657968?hl=en

Remember: You can't use urls like this "youtube.com/channel/UC7H7uqogMSPhSqjMsN9Vw2g" to link your youtube account. You need a custom url which is explained at the link above...

For example of a custom url: youtube.com/YouTubeCreators

But I can't really "ad" more subs to my channel... There isn't a button called "Ad 10 subs"

Should I re-post it in the bug section?

No there isn't any button like that and there isn't also enough storage servers for youtube accounts that have no viewers.

• No. It's not a bug. It's not that scirra doesn't allow you, it's youtube not allowing you.

It's not Scirra's fault that you need 100 subs for a custom url, but why require a custom url in the first place?

No there isn't any button like that and there isn't also enough storage servers for youtube accounts that have no viewers.

Well for 3 files <1GB which have generated 1700 views, that's a big number of views for such a small number of gb.

And I don't have an account with +100 private videos to say that I'm taking advantage of YT...

Also, the button thing was to highlight the fact that I don't have any control over how many subs I have. It isn't like trailer channels get subbed to like crazy either.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • TRMG why dont you add the youtube channel in your signature instead? its not as useful as the profile one where people sees where you at directly... but still helps. Also you could place a youtube link to your website also? if someone comes to your profile they wold probably click on your website at first sight then searching the youtube link. just saying there are other ways of viewing this problem. but i totally get the need of youtube link working in profile page.

[url=myyoutubechannelurl][img]myyoutubeiconimage[/img][/url]  ---------BBCODE signature Hyperlink alternative for images[/code:1int6bhm]
  • > No. It's not a bug. It's not that scirra doesn't allow you, it's youtube not allowing you.

>

It's not Scirra's fault that you need 100 subs for a custom url, but why require a custom url in the first place?

It's for indie developers that already have gained reputation on their games here in scirra. They have about hundreds to thousands of subscribers.

> No there isn't any button like that and there isn't also enough storage servers for youtube accounts that have no viewers.

>

Well for 3 files <1GB which have generated 1700 views, that's a big number of views for such a small number of gb.

And I don't have an account with +100 private videos to say that I'm taking advantage of YT...

Also, the button thing was to highlight the fact that I don't have any control over how many subs I have. It isn't like trailer channels get subbed to like crazy either.

Just to be clear, i wasn't offending you, well i might be a little harsh on that one but i was just telling you the truth that to have a custom url, you first need to prove yourself worthy. And you should leave that idea for a while.

I suggest go with 's advice.

• TRMG why dont you add the youtube channel in your signature instead? its not as useful as the profile one where people sees where you at directly... but still helps. Also you could place a youtube link to your website also? if someone comes to your profile they wold probably click on your website at first sight then searching the youtube link. just saying there are other ways of viewing this problem. but i totally get the need of youtube link working in profile page.

[url=myyoutubechannelurl][img]myyoutubeiconimage[/img][/url]  ---------BBCODE signature Hyperlink alternative for images[/code:38yqobuk]

Thanks for the suggestion and the code needed!

It's for indie developers that already have gained reputation on their games here in scirra. They have about hundreds to thousands of subscribers.

So it's their way of having a quality check?

• So it's their way of having a quality check?

Yes. It must be.

• > So it's their way of having a quality check?

>

Yes. It must be.

Alright then, thanks for the help and sorry that I got a little mad =D

[url=myyoutubechannelurl][img]myyoutubeiconimage[/img][/url]  ---------BBCODE signature Hyperlink alternative for images[/code:1t3htgvy]

Hey,

Sorry to bother you again, but do you know how can I put two photos with links side by side?

(I get this result if I only put the first code side by side with the second \/ )

• Sorry to bother you again, but do you know how can I put two photos with links side by side?

(I get this result if I only put the first code side by side with the second \/ )

you have a space between the codes, check your lines in signature see if the codes are breaking like the new pasted one is starting under instead of near the old one, that wold be a space that is creating by the "newline" or

this is something i write without space right? -> [url][img][/img][/url] 
    this is something i write with space by pressing enter or copy pasting and bbcode automatically ads a space

[url][img][/img][/url][url]
    [img][/img][/url]

[url][img][/img][/url][url][img][/img][/url] <- this is how they should look  ? see signature 
    [/code:1tgfmsfh]
  • >

> Sorry to bother you again, but do you know how can I put two photos with links side by side?

>

> (I get this result if I only put the first code side by side with the second \/ )

>

you have a space between the codes, check your lines in signature see if the codes are breaking like the new pasted one is starting under instead of near the old one, that wold be a space that is creating by the "newline" or

this is something i write without space right? -> [url][img][/img][/url] 
    this is something i write with space by pressing enter or copy pasting and bbcode automatically ads a space

[url][img][/img][/url][url]
    [img][/img][/url]

[url][img][/img][/url][url][img][/img][/url] <- this is how they should look  ? see signature 
    [/code:12esyqc3]

Awesome! Thank you so much!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)