(Solved) Can't link my youtube channel on my Scirra page

If you have found a bug, or have a suggestion/comment then leave it here

Post » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:12 pm

So, I tried to link my YT channel to my page, but the URL seems to be wrong... My channel's url is youtube.com/channel/UC7H7uqogMSPhSqjMsN9Vw2g
but when I go trough my pages' (side note; is " pages' " correct?) yt link, the url is: ________________ youtube.com/user/UC7H7uqogMSPhSqjMsN9Vw2g

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?
Last edited by TRMG on Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
B
30
S
9
G
7
Posts: 251
Reputation: 5,614

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:23 pm

TRMG wrote:So, I tried to link my YT channel to my page, but the URL seems to be wrong... My channel's url is youtube.com/channel/UC7H7uqogMSPhSqjMsN9Vw2g
but when I go trough my pages' (side note; is " pages' " correct?) yt link, the url is: ________________ youtube.com/user/UC7H7uqogMSPhSqjMsN9Vw2g

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?


I forgot the specific requirements but i think it has something to do with your channel's lacking of subscribers.
Add more viewers and subscribers on your channel and by that you can make your own custom url and be able to link it to scirra.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
65
S
21
G
90
Posts: 1,124
Reputation: 59,857

Post » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:29 pm

chadorireborn wrote:
TRMG wrote:So, I tried to link my YT channel to my page, but the URL seems to be wrong... My channel's url is youtube.com/channel/UC7H7uqogMSPhSqjMsN9Vw2g
but when I go trough my pages' (side note; is " pages' " correct?) yt link, the url is: ________________ youtube.com/user/UC7H7uqogMSPhSqjMsN9Vw2g

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?


I forgot the specific requirements but i think it has something to do with your channel's lacking of subscribers.
Add more viewers and subscribers on your channel and by that you can make your own custom url and be able to link it to scirra.

But I can't really "ad" more subs to my channel... There isn't a button called "Ad 10 subs"

Should I re-post it in the bug section?
ImageImageImageImage
B
30
S
9
G
7
Posts: 251
Reputation: 5,614

Post » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:43 pm

No. It's not a bug. It's not that scirra doesn't allow you, it's youtube not allowing you.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
65
S
21
G
90
Posts: 1,124
Reputation: 59,857

Post » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:49 pm

Here is the link if you want to know more about youtube custom urls... : https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2657968?hl=en

Remember: You can't use urls like this "youtube.com/channel/UC7H7uqogMSPhSqjMsN9Vw2g" to link your youtube account. You need a custom url which is explained at the link above...

For example of a custom url: youtube.com/YouTubeCreators


TRMG wrote:But I can't really "ad" more subs to my channel... There isn't a button called "Ad 10 subs"

Should I re-post it in the bug section?


No there isn't any button like that and there isn't also enough storage servers for youtube accounts that have no viewers.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
65
S
21
G
90
Posts: 1,124
Reputation: 59,857

Post » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:15 pm

chadorireborn wrote:No. It's not a bug. It's not that scirra doesn't allow you, it's youtube not allowing you.

It's not Scirra's fault that you need 100 subs for a custom url, but why require a custom url in the first place?

chadorireborn wrote:No there isn't any button like that and there isn't also enough storage servers for youtube accounts that have no viewers.

Well for 3 files <1GB which have generated 1700 views, that's a big number of views for such a small number of gb.
And I don't have an account with +100 private videos to say that I'm taking advantage of YT...

Also, the button thing was to highlight the fact that I don't have any control over how many subs I have. It isn't like trailer channels get subbed to like crazy either.
ImageImageImageImage
B
30
S
9
G
7
Posts: 251
Reputation: 5,614

Post » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:37 pm

@TRMG why dont you add the youtube channel in your signature instead? its not as useful as the profile one where people sees where you at directly... but still helps. Also you could place a youtube link to your website also? if someone comes to your profile they wold probably click on your website at first sight then searching the youtube link. just saying there are other ways of viewing this problem. but i totally get the need of youtube link working in profile page.

Code: Select all
[url=myyoutubechannelurl][img]myyoutubeiconimage[/img][/url]  ---------BBCODE signature Hyperlink alternative for images
B
78
S
23
G
69
Posts: 1,353
Reputation: 43,985

Post » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:39 pm

TRMG wrote:
chadorireborn wrote:No. It's not a bug. It's not that scirra doesn't allow you, it's youtube not allowing you.

It's not Scirra's fault that you need 100 subs for a custom url, but why require a custom url in the first place?


It's for indie developers that already have gained reputation on their games here in scirra. They have about hundreds to thousands of subscribers.

TRMG wrote:
chadorireborn wrote:No there isn't any button like that and there isn't also enough storage servers for youtube accounts that have no viewers.

Well for 3 files <1GB which have generated 1700 views, that's a big number of views for such a small number of gb.
And I don't have an account with +100 private videos to say that I'm taking advantage of YT...

Also, the button thing was to highlight the fact that I don't have any control over how many subs I have. It isn't like trailer channels get subbed to like crazy either.


Just to be clear, i wasn't offending you, well i might be a little harsh on that one but i was just telling you the truth that to have a custom url, you first need to prove yourself worthy. And you should leave that idea for a while.

I suggest go with @gamecorpstudio 's advice.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
65
S
21
G
90
Posts: 1,124
Reputation: 59,857

Post » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:12 pm

gamecorpstudio wrote:@TRMG why dont you add the youtube channel in your signature instead? its not as useful as the profile one where people sees where you at directly... but still helps. Also you could place a youtube link to your website also? if someone comes to your profile they wold probably click on your website at first sight then searching the youtube link. just saying there are other ways of viewing this problem. but i totally get the need of youtube link working in profile page.

Code: Select all
[url=myyoutubechannelurl][img]myyoutubeiconimage[/img][/url]  ---------BBCODE signature Hyperlink alternative for images

Thanks for the suggestion and the code needed!

chadorireborn wrote:It's for indie developers that already have gained reputation on their games here in scirra. They have about hundreds to thousands of subscribers.

So it's their way of having a quality check?
ImageImageImageImage
B
30
S
9
G
7
Posts: 251
Reputation: 5,614

Post » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:30 pm

TRMG wrote:So it's their way of having a quality check?


Yes. It must be.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
65
S
21
G
90
Posts: 1,124
Reputation: 59,857

Next

Return to Website Issues and Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JSPEECH and 2 guests