solved/ combine two pick actions

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:36 pm

if you do a pick by uid the one object, and then pick the other, only one is picked, is this correct?

i would like to have just two objects picked by uid combined in the selected object list

the objects are different objecttypes, like one is sprite other is spritefont

i cant use a filtermethod with variables, because the objects are just created

anyone can help?
Last edited by vtrix on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:56 pm

I haven`t toyed with this for a while but have you tried the UID.X&SpriteFont.X in the field ?(both are examples)..."&" should be the thing. As I said I am just starting up after a long break.
B

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:44 pm

@De4uman

problem with that is you have to specify wich objecttype your targetting, so most likely will not work

does that normally work?, using "&" say you want to pick sprite by uid, can you multiselect instances with the "&" ? , i never used that..
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:07 am

anyway, this is related to objects that are only available on top level event, well, objects can still be repicked by uid by running it thru a function, at the same event of creation, so i want my setup of my objects to be done all in my creation function

the function creates an object and a text object, but somehow my text thats created after (eventorder) my object gets behind my object

so now im looking for a way thru uid picking to set this textobject behind my object, i have both uid's of the objects

so best way would be pick thisobject.uid , add thistext.uid to the list and set text on top of object
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:39 am

my initial problem is fixed, the height of the text was somehow hiding my text, and made me think it was behind the object,
ImageImage
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?