[Solved] ...complete connection to Scrirra signalling server

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:14 pm

I'm using nearly exact code from Ashley's multiplayer tutorial...

C2MultiplayerConnectingMessagRepeatsForever.PNG

When my game connects to Scirra signalling server, the Multiplayer.IsConnectedToSignallingServer event fires over and over and over, outputting "Connected, logging in..." forever basically. The Multiplayer.LogInWithAlias line, I assume never sends/fires or if it does, the Multiplayer.OnSignallingLoggedIn event never receives/fires. The connection never completes.

Is there an issue with the Scirra signalling server or is the tutorial old or am I doing something wrong? :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by locohost on Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:49 pm

This behavior is natural -- event 1 evaluates true every frame that you're successfully connected to the signalling server. Going by the tutorial, it looks like you want to use "On signalling connected" -- which is a trigger -- rather than "Is connected to signalling server".
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:55 pm

@linkman2004 I thought I tried that. Maybe I didn't. Let me take a look again. Thank you!
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:20 pm

linkman2004 wrote:This behavior is natural -- event 1 evaluates true every frame that you're successfully connected to the signalling server. Going by the tutorial, it looks like you want to use "On signalling connected" -- which is a trigger -- rather than "Is connected to signalling server".

Yep that worked. Damn I thought for sure I tried that. But same as last "How do I...", you're brilliant and I'm a moron :oops:
B
S

Return to How do I....?