[SOLVED] Enemy AI using private variables goes crazy.

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:14 am

Couldn't find "Outline Custom.fx" so I couldn't open it for a bit.
Anyways I suspect the "trigger once" in event 37 possibly isn't doing what you're intending so maybe rework the events not to use it there. Also maybe try eliminating the elses. ELSE had some quirks at times when in a sub-event as i recall.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:44 pm

Thanks ROJOhound, as you say, it was a simple "wrong input". First time using construct, and i have old habbits from other programs.Get rid of the elses and put together everything better and now it´s working. I hope to finish this soon and upload for you to test!!! Has achievements to unlock and skins for the player, some of them very famous, like Ryu skin for example.
B
S

Post » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:01 pm

@Baconizer - love the name btw - if you think it is a bug then best to report it via the correct procedures.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:39 pm

@hundredfold @Baconizer
A few bug tickets with else already exist.
http://sourceforge.net/p/construct/bugs/

Keep in mind CC hasn't been worked on since r2 though.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:59 pm

I could achieve what I was looking for. I think is working pretty good
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:38 pm

Hi Baconizer, I'm new on Construct 2, also in development of games, but I always like all that matters of build games. I was attempting to create my first game with this tool, and as usual with the rookies, have a lot of trouble to get thru, anyway, my concerns is maybe simple for you because you did on your game KatEwondo...
I want to add an animation hitting twice the same key, example, my player run to the left pressing the left arrow key, and I want to he can slide or jump to the left hitting the same left arrow key.. Can you know any behavior or whatever action to do on Construct2?
thanks in advance

also sorry for my bad english, this is not my mother language either (spanish is)
B

Post » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:33 pm

Sorry for not posting anything earlier, I´ve been really out because of work.
My mother language is also spanish, maybe send a private and try to help you.
Sorry again for being late!
B
S

Post » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:28 pm

I did that with a simple variable.
For example, you want to dash and stop walking if you hit left twice:

if press Left
{if variable "dash"=0
{dash=30; and here put your stuff for walking}
if variable dash>0
{Here your stuff for dashing, like Megaman fore example}
}

That´s the basic routine when you press Left key, now you need COUNTDOWN for the variable name DASH the one that let you know if you hit the key or not, so go to "Every tick" and:

if dash>0 {dash -=1;} -----> this substract 1 from "dash" and make it zero, so if you dont press Left key in that time, you wont be able to dash....

I won´t attach a Construct 2 example here, but you can see what Ive done in my game.

Hope that helps
B
S

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic