[Solved] How do I make a vertical Loading bar?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:27 pm

Hey guys,
I actually already made my loading bar following this tutorial here. Although it's teaching how to make a horizontal bar, I did a vertical bar for my project. The problem is: as all the solutions show that I should use Tiled Background, I was unable to make it progress from the bottom to the top.

So what I really need to know is how to make a Tiled background "load" from the bottom to the top, once, by default it loads from the top to the bottom.

Thanks.
Last edited by andersonaraujodl on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:50 pm

Follow the tutorial again, but remember:
Always replace width by height, since you don't want to increase your loading bar's width, but its height.

Also, remember that your TiledBackground has to be scalable upwards and not sideways, like a regular loading bar.

I you still struggle, I will provide a .capx.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
- Albert Einstein
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:00 pm

randomly wrote:Follow the tutorial again, but remember:
Always replace width by height, since you don't want to increase your loading bar's width, but its height.

Also, remember that your TiledBackground has to be scalable upwards and not sideways, like a regular loading bar.

I you still struggle, I will provide a .capx.

Thanks for your reply. I really took care of the height stead of width. The problem is that the progress loads from the top to the bottom when I need it to load from the bottom to the top :|
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:42 pm

Sounds like the issue is the TiledBackground's Hotspot.
Try to set it to "Top".

Here is an example .capx if you still struggle.
Last edited by randomly on Mon May 22, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
- Albert Einstein
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 22, 2017 7:41 am

randomly wrote:Sounds like the issue is the TiledBackground's Hotspot.
Try to set it to "Top".

Here is an example .capx if you still struggle.

The link doesn´t works
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 22, 2017 3:01 pm

Fixed.
- Albert Einstein
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?