(SOLVED)How do I make Line of Sight apply individually

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
solution for games like "fruit ninja" and drawing applications
  • Hello.

So I am setting the AI for my platformer enemies. My first type is working just fine (is a pretty simple patrol) but the new type I am working on is causing me some trouble.

So whenever the enemy has on sight the player I have set the range and the cone of view to 90, so is just sees forward. Then I have set some instance variables whenever if he has you on sight, he will shoot you.

Everything works fine expect one thing:

Lets call the enemy: Caster. So if Caster#1 has you on sight, doesn't matter if Caster#2 doesn't have you on sight because you ll see his proyectiles coming at you from somewhere outside the screen because the sight applies to the sprite. How can I overcome this?

Thanks

• You should add instance variable (boolean) to Caster in order to prenvets your problem

• You should add instance variable (boolean) to Caster in order to prenvets your problem

Could you elaborate a bit more? I am kind of a begginer.

• You can try something like that:

add boolean instance variable to object "Caster" (eg "SeePlayer" default false)

Caster has LOS Player AND caster boolean instance variable "SeePlayer" is false (use invert)

---> Caster set boolean "SeePlayer" true

Caster has NOT (use invert) LOS Player AND caster boolean instance variable "SeePlayer" is true

---> Caster set boolean "SeePlayer" true

Pick Caster boolean "SeePlayer" is true

---> Caster action (whatever you want Caster must do)

You could improve this with adding timer for reload time or using functions

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I already had something like that set up if true stop walking and start shooting and if false keep the patrol.

My problem is like I said, if I have both casters one of each side, if one spots me, the other one shoots. I kinda need to make them unique or something like that to the sight.

• could you share the capx?

• Gotta go to work right now. I will try to do when I come home. You can check the platform AI on the store, is the one I have as example to learn.

• Ok so here's the capx. Hopefully you can help me.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B69SFeoPTx8kRjhTazBPaGFTamM/view?usp=sharing

• on event 20, you set boolean "sight" to all the familie instead of set boolean only for the Caster who has LOS your player

• That was it, thanks dude. I didn't think that would mess it up. Still not sure when to use families. I did that so I could use it for future enemies but didnt think it will bug it out.

• You can use families but if you have a condition with one member of your families, you just don't change state of your entire families but just the picked instance

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)