[SOLVED] How do I make my platformer character... fly?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri May 29, 2015 2:38 pm

gamecorpstudio wrote:no problem, you can upload if you want an arcade demo of your game if you want for people reviews and feedback's :D happy that you solved it in end ! :D

I would. The case is that my project isn't meant to be a HTML5 game, but a stand-alone game (using Node-Webkit). I'm not sure if they allow this kind of game in Scirra Arcade.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 29, 2015 2:42 pm

you can always export for scirra arcade :) and see what happens :P

yes arcade has a checkbox if you pay attention on the steps you have to follow, the last one list has a work in progress checkbox if you set that then you'd be ok ! :)
Last edited by gamecorpstudio on Fri May 29, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 29, 2015 5:08 pm

gamecorpstudio wrote:you can always export for scirra arcade :) and see what happens :P

Just a last question, does Scirra allow WIPs in Scirra Arcade? I thought only finished game are allowed there,
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 29, 2015 8:08 pm

Please, sorry for the double post, but after some work, I managed to get enough reputation to post links. And now I'm able to show my version of the platform flight engine.

So, here's the download page: http://bit.ly/1HXHGwI

As I mentioned, use Arrows move, Z jump. To fly, jump, release the jump and then press and hold the jump button to fly. If you're falling, you can simply hold the jump button.

This little delay is necessary to not interfere too much with the regular jumps.

Once again I thank you guys for all of the support. ^^
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?