[SOLVED] How do I make personal highscores?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:14 pm

Okay, so I'm making a game with scores and everything. The game is fully done but I also need to do a personal highscore system, where you can beat your own score (You all know the concept of highscores, right?). I tried to do this with WebStorage, but when you die and it goes to the other layout, the HighScore text disappears. I am good at Construct2, but I have no idea how to fix this. Tell me if you need any more information and sorry for any grammar mistakes, I'm pretty tired.

EDIT:
By personal, I mean offline, the score is yours.
Last edited by ErvinGamez on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:47 pm

if he dies set your new highscore to webstorage and if it switch to another layout you load the highscore again over webstorage
Read this:
yeah, i really like to say that you should "Read this:"
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:48 pm

EyeForcz wrote:if he dies set your new highscore to webstorage and if it switch to another layout you load the highscore again over webstorage

Ah, okay. I'll try this and I'll come back to you.
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:08 pm

EyeForcz wrote:if he dies set your new highscore to webstorage and if it switch to another layout you load the highscore again over webstorage

It didn't really work.
Either that or I'm just really tired.

On the "Lost" layout
On the "Game" layout

Did I do anything wrong?
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:48 pm

Okay, I fixed it. I did a really stupid thing with the textboxes, the whole text couldn't fit in, so it disappeared.
B
S

Return to How do I....?