*Solved* How do I Set up Admobs in my Construct?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:09 am

ok I followed these instructions:

https://www.scirra.com/manual/184/admob

what they do not tell me is how do I get it in the game, what layer, what blocks of codes to use? any example on banner adds and interstitial adds? I want to try it with interstitial if I can.
Last edited by mordiaky on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:43 am

After you set up the Admob object (providing it with the necessary ID's), on the event sheet you'll need to preload the ad, and when it's ready, you have to display it. For example if you want to show a banner ad:
System -> On start of layout: Admob -> Preload banner ad
Admob -> On banner ad received: Admob -> Show banner ad

Keep in mind that the ads won't show in preview mode. You have to export it with Intel XDK to test the functionality (and you only have to set the Test mode to false in the object's properties when you are ready to publish your game, otherwise a test banner will show in the exported app).

I just learned this recently with the help of this awesome community. Indeed, the Admob manual page could use a better explanation.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:43 pm

Thank you, I got mine to work great! you guys are awesome and yes it could explain what to do After you set it all up with ap id, accounts, and so on.

you know, some example on how to display it, when to display it, best ways to optimize your ads with out annoying the player.
B
S

Post » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:23 pm

Yes, the community around here is more helpful than any other group I have experienced.
B
S

Return to How do I....?