[Solved] How do I Use Multitouch Control Buttons

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:11 pm

Hey everyone!

I've been trying to get a control scheme going with 3 buttons. Left, Right and Up. It works fine as long as only one button is pressed at a time. Once you try to press Up and Left at the same time the whole thing falls apart. I've been trying to find a solution, but I'm struggling. Hopefully one of you kind strangers can point me in the the right direction.

Here's a .capx of the problem I'm having.

Thanks!
Last edited by Bumble on Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:17 pm

So, I've messed around with it a little more and I've started to notice some bizarre behavior from the touch object.

Here's an updated .capx that shows the issue...

With a single touch, everything appears to work fine. Once you touch with another finger it does the following:
  1. If second touch is too close (within ~200 pixels) it counts as one touch and selects a point between your fingers
  2. If second touch is far enough away to register it works as expected. However once you remove a touch it stalls and wont track the remaining touch movement until both touches are removed.
  3. If you drag the touch points too close together it does the same stall as above.

Which doesn't work at all with the game I'm trying to make. Am I going about this the wrong way or is there a solution out there?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:01 pm

B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:45 pm

Okay, disregard. It turns out my phone is a junker that can't handle multi-touch. Tried on another device and it works perfect. Don't buy $40 phones. Sorry for the inconvenience.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?