[Solved] How to get UID of collisioned objects?

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:12 pm

@rexrainbow

Thank you! It really works!
I just wrongly mistook used this method before...I was thinking it would choose the topest instance on the layout!
Thank you again!
B

Post » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:25 pm

Hi,

I am working on a project in which I have 8 characters.

I want to check which character hits which character with which skill. According to that i calculate the damage.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwybgTYLYob0TzE1aEdfZzhsVzQ

Is there a way to check which character hits whom and then apply a common formula which replaces the variables according to the 2 interacting characters.

Because what I am doing right now will take up around 600 events just for the attacking of each character. As they have 5 skills right now. In some time I am planning to have around 15 skills per character. So you can imagine how many events will go in this and useless resource consumption.

If there are any tips, please let me know. Thanks in advance!!
Udain Tomar
Game Designer
B
S

Post » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:29 pm

@udain1286

udain1286 wrote:Hi,

I am working on a project in which I have 8 characters.

I want to check which character hits which character with which skill. According to that i calculate the damage.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwybgTYLYob0TzE1aEdfZzhsVzQ

Is there a way to check which character hits whom and then apply a common formula which replaces the variables according to the 2 interacting characters.

Because what I am doing right now will take up around 600 events just for the attacking of each character. As they have 5 skills right now. In some time I am planning to have around 15 skills per character. So you can imagine how many events will go in this and useless resource consumption.

If there are any tips, please let me know. Thanks in advance!!

Are you sure you've posted this in the right section?

This is the - now retired - Construct Classic section.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:49 pm

i have posted this in forums under how do I? but i saw this post and thought that this is a similar problem and as they know the solution maybe they could help me. that is why i posted it here too.

but yeah i did not check if this was for construct 1 or 2 and in the archive section.

thanks for the heads up.
Udain Tomar
Game Designer
B
S

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic