[SOLVED!] iframes and iOS devices?!!

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:09 pm

jeansson, I owe you a pint! It worked!

Your solution should probably be made a STICKY (at least until Apple gets their act together).

Now... anyone have any clever ideas about curing iOS's horrific audio support?!

Thanks again, jeansson - you saved us a lot of hair-pulling & gnashing of teeth.

Cheers,
-Johnjohxn2013-10-13 22:11:50
B
S

Post » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:14 pm

[QUOTE=PKrawczynski]How it went?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get it to work for me. Obviously something I'm doing wrong, so I'm going to have to re-check my work and try, try again ;)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:23 pm

I can confirm that using solution in this thread with .css import worked quite well for our client.
B
S

Post » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:41 pm

@jeansson
Having the same problem, would try it out today hopefully. Also, generally, people playing my game on mobile devices are complaining or responnsiveness(also had the same issue playing on my galaxy tab-chrome browser) what could be casusing this? Works perfectly on laptops, I used iframe and the touchwrap plugin to have touch n mouse effects. thanks
The link to the game is my signature incase u want to check it out. Dasat2013-11-27 15:17:56
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:21 pm

That CSS solution worked, thanks so much! I spent most of a morning trying to get swipe events working within an iframe for an animation, that CSS fixed it. Definitely sticky it.
B

Post » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:15 pm

@divaweb @Dasat
To get the iframe to work in ios Make sure you:

0. Install this CSS Plugin

1. Save the code below as a CSS file in notepad. Let's say I name the file "style.css"

html, body {
     background: transparent !important;
     color: transparent !important;
     background-color: transparent !important;
     position: absolute;
     top: 0;
     left: 0;
     right: 0;
     -webkit-backface-visibility: visible;
}

2. Import the css file into "Files" by right clicking the "Files" folder (located in "Projects" window)

3. Add this bit of code in events:
   System | On start of Layout > CSSImport | "style.css" (include brackets)

4. Click on the "CSSImport" object in the "Projects" window and make sure you add the CSS file name "style.css" to the "CSS filename" property box, like so:

5. ????

6. Profit :)NECROKRIEG2014-02-10 18:17:42
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:06 am

jeansson wrote:
html, body {
     background: transparent !important;
     color: transparent !important;
     background-color: transparent !important;
     position: absolute;
     top: 0;
     left: 0;
     right: 0;
     -webkit-backface-visibility: visible;
}

Hi Jeanssen,

Thanks for your post! I registered here for that.
I do not quite understand the concept of the css importer plugIn, yet I tried to paste your suggested css in one of my iFrames but sadly it didn't change anything for me. Touch events in iframe while in homescreen mode (otherwise they DO work) are still not working for me. Where do I have to implement the css, what did I wrong? If your offered solution would work you will be my personal hero for this is such a silly bug (and as it seems constantly ignored by Apple for once and ever 😫) Thank you so much.
Garavani
B

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General