*SOLVED* I'm trying to make a simple dialog script.

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:54 am

Hello everyone! Short introduction, I'm Yoel, 19 years old, and I've done Pokémon fan game developing in RPG Maker XP since I was 13. My background is strictly graphic/visual, so no coding for me. RPG Maker has given me a fair introduction to events, though.

So yeah!
I want to move forward and create an RPG app; something that might seem pretty impossible for someone who's new to the software. I've got the walking animations (kinda) down and I want to move forward to step two now: dialogue boxes.

So here's what I've tried:
I have an invisible sprite (txtbox_0) that's anchored to the bottom of the screen. When I tap a sign, NPC or whatever, that sprite spawns a text box (txtbox_1). I still can't really seem to find a simple way to spawn text for individual objects, though.

Is there anyone who can help me with this? Thanks a lot in advance.
Last edited by ametrine on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B

Post » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:39 pm

Hey Yoel,

I had this example for a popup/dialog function. Maybe it'll help you get to a solution.

popups.capx

If you still need help on this, please, just let me know. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bruno

I like to eat, but I'm no cook. Why liking to play games would make you a game designer?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:39 pm

This is perfect! Thanks a bunch, I'm definitely checking this out. Thanks for taking the time to reply, it's very much appeciated.
B

Post » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:05 pm

You're welcome. :)
Bruno

I like to eat, but I'm no cook. Why liking to play games would make you a game designer?
B
S
G

Return to Beginner's Questions