[SOLVED] Issue with created family object

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:08 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm currently facing some issue on a basic action. I want to create an instance of a Family object (which precisely depends of higher condition), and immediately do something on it, like mirrored it for example. The fact is that it doesn't work if I try to apply the action on the family, and not on the specific object.
I reduced the problem to its simplest expression and made screenshots of what is working and what is not.

This works :

This doesn't :

But this does :

Of course, Sprite is part of "faces" Family.
I can't see why it won't work, so I can only assume this is some kind of bug. If someone have any answer or tip to give about this, I would be really grateful!

Have a nice day!
Last edited by Bro7hers on Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:02 pm

True removing the behaviour from the sprite and then just use the faces famile @GaMan Not 100% sure that'll work but worth a try!
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:15 pm

Thanks for your answer MalizaGames ! But what behaviour are you talking about? I'm not sure to understand.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:16 pm

Oh wow sorry I competently miss understood. Give me a few mins to try find a fix
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:18 pm

@GaMan

Your bug report follows none of the bug reporting requirements, and is likely to be closed automatically.

If this is just a question, then it is in the wrong section and should be posted in the 'How Do I' section.

If it is an actual bug report, then I suggest you read the stickied requirements and don't delete the template when adding the bug report.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:23 pm

http://www.filedropper.com/mirror-working <- This works. I think its because you're asking it to mirror as soon as the game launches. Which just doesn't run correctly. But this works so maybe this is a viable fix.
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:24 pm

@zenox98 Didn't realize this was in the wrong thread I just go through unanswered threads and help. My bad should have noticed that.
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:48 pm

@MalizaGames

Your responses are not an issue - you're just trying to help, which is fine.

The OP is the issue, which he still hasn't addressed.

If @GaMan doesn't respond soon, then I will move the whole topic to the 'How Do I' section.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:54 pm

@zenox98 sounds good
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:06 pm

Sorry about that @zenox98, I admit I was kind of lost and I hurried. Apologies.

Anyway I found the answer in the depth of some tutorials : It had to do with the callbacks, there was a trick there.
For those who are interested, it is this way : https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/788/as ... t-creation

Thanks for your help @MalizaGames, and sorry once again for the topic. That was actually a beginner question.
B
S
G

Next

Return to How do I....?