[Solved!] Problem with Teleporting

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Good job!

A list of arrays with different coordinates suggested by farflamex is great too, just for ease of remembering all of them - the array can remember them for you.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:33 am

Oh, well I just set up a list of which numbers go where in comments above the global number thingy, works ok at this tiny world size ^_^ If I expand much more I'll def look in to the arrays :)

Everything going sooo much smoother now thnx to you guys <3, even tho it's nowhere near actually being a game for some time still :D http://azylet.com/64 :)Crazeh2013-04-05 00:51:02
-- Because a pig told me to be nice.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:24 am

You should definitely put all of your house logic into a single layout. If the houses are to do different things, you can use another global variable, 'Housenumber' or whatever. Then when you're going through your house layout (which now controls any house), if there's something specific to the house you're currently in, you'd just add..

'Housenumber = 1' to the event, so that event only triggers when you're inside house 1, but not any other house.

But then if you have stuff which can happen in ANY house, you can just leave the housrnumber variable out of the event and the event will trigger in all houses.

You just need to wrap your head around the way these things work. Sometimes it seems easy to do the same piece of logic 10 times, but in reality there's always a way to do that piece of logic once and just add different conditions to ensure it only triggers when it should. Otherwise, things will quickly become very unwieldy.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?