[Solved] Problems regarding lag=Firefox and browser prob.

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:49 am

Just responding to say, it isn't just you..

I can only test on my low end tablet, but when fps drops under 60 the stutter is there for both the dt object and the bullet-behaviour object..

After a few seconds the game runs on 60fps and the stutter is gone..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:27 pm

@LittleStain

Yes, but on my end once the worst part at the beginning is over, every second I have a stutter...
Brick by brick, stone by stone.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:31 pm

@LittleStain

Yes that is normal, but you can see in the second picture of the performance graph that something frequently bothers the javascript task and I don't think that is a normal behavior.

@Solomon
I'm not an expert in this and all I do is guesswork. I think there is one task/process that bothers the browser, but I could be totally wrong.
Can you try to start the capx in FF again without webconsole, then start the task-manager put it in front of your playing capx in FireFox. activate 'show process from all users' click on the CPU-tab that the little arrow points down.
Now wait if you see a stutter, in this moment or a little before a new process could show up for a short time.
Is something like this happens?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:48 pm

I did as you instructed, pulled up the task manager and set the highest usage of the procesor descending from top, to see if there is something that pops up.

The 99% at the top is idle (in Polish language).

I did find something but it is not in sync with the lags I am getting. Firefox is jumping places every now and then, swapping for into second place, but I guess that its because it is using the 1% of processor power and the rest is using 0.
Do you think that is relevant?

B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:33 pm

That looks not suspicious at all. That the CPU-Usage of FF varied is normal but I see Window-Update, that could cause problems even without high CPU-Usage.
I've run out of ideas, what you could else try:

No internet access. Turn your Internet access off

Wait until all windows updates are installed.

You could try with a non browser 2D scrolling game if you have the same stuttering (I recommend Hydorah http://www.locomalito.com/hydorah.php (80MB slow server)) and if Videos on YT with the html5-player stutter.

Boot your PC complete without all extern plugin Devices (USB) (except Mouse and Keyboard) even Lan-Cable or WLAN-Adapter. If you have build in WLAN turn it off.

And last try Windows in Safe Mode that should all turn off, even drivers.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:13 pm

No internet doesnt help.
All Windows updates are installed now.
In safe mode I couldnt make a preview from Construct 2.

Regarding the game you proposed, I dont feel the lag there, it seems that is affects html5 games. Ill try some other games as well.

That is the problem, if I want to make games in html5 and Im getting a lag there, well that maybe isnt the way to go. But Im not giving up just yet.
I have posted on a few techy forums for help, and we will see how it goes.

Its strange that this issue is resolution dependant like Ive posted before. It may be because of the monitor or graphics cards.. I dont know. But Ive tested on 2 monitors and both of them have the same problem, but both have a refresh rate of 60hz. This happens when I set a max resolution on these monitors. If I go lower the problem disapears on 1 monitor (but I get a blurry desktop), and on the other one is produced less.

Anyway thanks for your time and help, will update this thread once I find something out.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:31 pm

Its strange that this issue is resolution dependant like Ive posted before. It may be because of the monitor or graphics cards.. I dont know. But Ive tested on 2 monitors and both of them have the same problem, but both have a refresh rate of 60hz. This happens when I set a max resolution on these monitors. If I go lower the problem disapears on 1 monitor, and on the other one is produced less.

That reminds me on something. In the early day of DVD-players I had one that was regioncode free. It could play ntsc(60Hz) and pal(50Hz) and I could switch the output of the DVD-player itself from 50Hz to 60Hz. So, I could play ntsc DVDs with 50Hz output and reverse and I had in one of this combination exact the stuttering you describe. Extremly visible by pan shots (scrolling :)).
I don't have a clue if this is your problem, but then the refresh rate from Monitor and the graphic card do not correspond, but this would occur not only in the browser and what that all has to do with the screen resolution, I don't know.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:24 pm

Hmm interesting. I wonder if it could be a problem with my Power Supply Unit or as I said some piece of hardware. Need to get to the bottom of this, some heavy troubleshooting ahead, even if it means trying to isolate each component piece by piece.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:56 pm

It seems that browsers (at least chrome, don't know about FF) are limited to 60FPS or maybe fix at 60FPS. Is it possible that the screen refresh of your graphic card is set to something other than 60FPS? And if you switch the screen resolution you switch the refresh rate too?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:48 pm

Asmodean wrote:It seems that browsers (at least chrome, don't know about FF) are limited to 60FPS or maybe fix at 60FPS. Is it possible that the screen refresh of your graphic card is set to something other than 60FPS? And if you switch the screen resolution you switch the refresh rate too?

I think you might be on to something.. I can set limit the frame rate for games ànd did so now to 60 FPS, but how to do it for Windows and browser?
Using the Construct 2 in debug mode (now previewing in Chrome) shows that the FPS is 60, but might that be not so?

EDIT:
I think Ive found some settings using an external Nvidia app, still Im having trouble. Getting into a lower res helps a lot, I need to do some reading on these issues regrding vsync tearing and FPS.

Did you have any FPS problems/ tearing? How did you go about fixing them?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?