[Solved][BugFix] Black Screen Issue

Get help using Construct 3!

Post » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:18 am

Hello Folks,

I have run into an issue, I was developing an app on Construct 2 and imported the application on Construct 3. I had to remove few plugins and I was fine with it. I made some changes, fixed few bugs and created an APK.

I used APK-Signer to sign the APK and uploaded it on Google Play. The update is now live but whenever I open the application its only blank black screen. Please if anyone can help or suggest what needs to be done.
Last edited by fearfulelephants on Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:15 pm

Black Screen happens to me when there is an error somewhere in my events.

e.g.:
RegexMatchAt("somestring","[","")

because "[" is not a valid Regex.

There are some other reasons where a friend of mine had a blackscreen too but i don't remember what it was. (maybe it was infinitely spawning sprites in one frame or something)
B

Post » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:31 pm

Leralasss wrote:Black Screen happens to me when there is an error somewhere in my events.

e.g.:
RegexMatchAt("somestring","[","")

because "[" is not a valid Regex.

There are some other reasons where a friend of mine had a blackscreen too but i don't remember what it was. (maybe it was infinitely spawning sprites in one frame or something)

I created a brand new application and the same thing is happening. So I am pretty sure this is not because of an error. I will still debug and see whats happening. This is only on Android, I can run the same application on web
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:07 pm

This is fixed post r54 update. The cause was minifying the script had some issue.
B
S
G

Return to How do I...?