[SOLVED]How do I apply 8 directions in sprite?

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:31 am

Okay so my game plan is to set 8 directions to my sprite/character on my MOBILE GAME. My problem here is I already set it to 8 directions but my character doesn't go the way I wanted it or shall I say my touch controls won't make it the way I wanted it to be. This is so easy when I tried to use mouse & keyboard as an input but i'm making a mobile game. Please help! Thank you.
Last edited by October on Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
B

Post » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:49 am

What help do you need? You don't really say what the problem is.

Try posting a .capx or at least some screenshots with a clearer explanation of what your problem is.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:22 pm

You need to create control sprites that, when touched, move your character. Use Simulate Control.
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:17 am

Okay here some screenshots. Please read the file comment of the pictures :)

So yeah, i'm making a mobile game. This is similar to an existing game already I just edited a bit of it and experimenting to make it possible in mobile.

So my problem is that I want my character to rotate 360 degrees since its in 8 directions but my control is for four directions only :lol: cause i don't know what controls to use. so it doesn't go the way I wanted it to be. So how is that possible or is it possible? Or what if I remove the walking controls, how is it possible for the character to follow the touch of the player. (Do you get me? :lol: So hard to explain)

My another problem is you can see on the screenshots the touch controls I used. But since my character goes around looking for enemies to shoot. My touch controls follow the background. I wanted it to STAY on the bottom. You can see that on the screenshot with the arrows. It should stay there. But it goes up when I go down :x

So yeah I NEED HELP on this. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:20 am

Fix controls in a separate layer with Anchor
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:40 am

Oh okay an anchor. Thank you very much.
B

Return to Beginner's Questions