[SOLVED]How do I Stop Actions From Looping

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:51 am

Hi All, just a quick problem with actions looping, I have a black fade appear when the player completes the level, but I only want it to appear when I wish ( namely when a certain sprite has gone that the player created ) The problem is because this is always true it keeps running the action. Any ideas how I can work around this? Thank you in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RandomOutput on Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:56 am

Add condition: Trigger Once
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:05 am

@DuckfaceNinja , Thanks so much for the reply, this action stops any of them running however. The actions run without it so I know construct recognizes that the conditions are met, so I don't understand why when I add the Trigger once command it stops any of the actions from running. I feel I'm making a noobish mistake that's staring me in the face.
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:06 am

@DuckfaceNinja, Ha I was right, forgot C2 runs actions from the top down so having the trigger once action at the top stops it from running, putting it at the bottom works. Thank you very much, your a life saver!
B
S

Return to How do I....?