[SOLVED]Need to find the right solution for Topdown movement

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:18 am

I want my player sprite to move just like with "8 direction behavour".
The problem is - when the sprite is facing lets say "right" and i press "left" it instantly jumps from "right" to "left" direction. What i want is:

For that sprite to rotate before moving. So it will not instantly jumpr from "right" to "left" angle but smothly turn around.

So the sprite would be controled like with "8dir" behaviour but would display like with "car" behaviour (acceleration, rotation etc).

Any ideas how to achieve that?

My first idea would be to make an outside pointer which will be followed by the player character with "car" beh but this might be problematic in execution.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:01 pm

Here is one solution to your problem.It's not perfect but it works.Perhaps someone could improve on this?.
[url:1uf5ylel]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7658043/turnleftright.cap[/url:1uf5ylel]

Cap Made with Construct Classic V 1.2
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:19 pm

Awww almost there!
But for some reason to moving can stun if in betwen i decide to change direction again.

EDIT:
hey i actualy found a way out. inspired by you Draven :)
for the record
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15566547/turnleftright.cap
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:58 pm

Nice Example! :D .You should create a tutorial for this for future reference :wink: .
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:21 pm

[quote="DravenX":1egouft2]Nice Example! :D .You should create a tutorial for this for future reference :wink: .[/quote:1egouft2]
My bad english + total lack of organisation succesfully stops me. Beside i need to change my son diaper now lol
But Draven - please, do it for me. Maybe enrich the tut with some more description regarding the move pointer range and stuff.
I hate doing bad job. I much more prefer someone else doing it but GOOD.
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic