Sombrero - OUT NOW!

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:15 pm

B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:45 pm

The coming soon page for Sombrero is now LIVE on Steam!

Check it out here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/472690
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:53 pm

Looks like a really polished project. Did you use the official multiplayer plugin from scirra? How is your experience having a publisher?
Good luck.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:08 pm

kossglobal wrote:Looks like a really polished project. Did you use the official multiplayer plugin from scirra? How is your experience having a publisher?
Good luck.

Thanks!

I'm using Photon for the online multiplayer. It's much more straightforward to implement, is fully cross-platform with consoles (which the official plugin is not), and with worldwide regional servers, is a better fit for the kind of fast-paced online play Sombrero features.

Working with a publisher has worked out well. While I can't go into any real details because of contractual obligations, having someone who has worked with and can hire translators for additional language support, as well as has an internal QA team and can bring on external QA testers to help squash any bugs, is extremely helpful.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:42 pm

Best of luck!
Congrats on your game.
English is not my native language. Sorry for any mistakes and feel free to correct me if needed.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:29 pm

digitalsoapbox wrote:
kossglobal wrote:Looks like a really polished project. Did you use the official multiplayer plugin from scirra? How is your experience having a publisher?
Good luck.

Thanks!

I'm using Photon for the online multiplayer. It's much more straightforward to implement, is fully cross-platform with consoles (which the official plugin is not), and with worldwide regional servers, is a better fit for the kind of fast-paced online play Sombrero features.

Working with a publisher has worked out well. While I can't go into any real details because of contractual obligations, having someone who has worked with and can hire translators for additional language support, as well as has an internal QA team and can bring on external QA testers to help squash any bugs, is extremely helpful.

C2 games have support for consoles? As far as I know it's just for PC (Windows, Linux and Mac)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:32 am

kossglobal wrote:C2 games have support for consoles? As far as I know it's just for PC (Windows, Linux and Mac)

C2 technically has Wii U support, but it's probably not worth getting into at this point. And it mostly works on XBox One, though it's missing a lot of the necessary features to publish to the store - things like friends lists, achievements, and DLC. @Ashley has discussed that here: https://www.scirra.com/forum/microsoft-are-asking-who-is-interested-in-xbox_t180305?&hilit=microsoft

XBox One doesn't support the tech used to build the native multiplayer plugin, but some tests show Photon's multiplayer implementation works fine on Xbox One in C2.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:17 pm

Sombrero is now LIVE on Steam!

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_4UEAKf4VQ&feature=youtu.be

Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/472690/

@Kyatric, can you move this to the completed forum?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:12 pm

Moved, congrats.
Don't forget to edit the first post of the topic to add the final links, that could help "new readers" of the topic.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:28 pm

@digitalsoapbox Grats mon! I hope I can finish another game soon and try that too. :D
Freefall Bird
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations