some questions (about text)

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Change delay, create new lines, "backspace" the text
  • salam (hi all)...

I'm using Construct2 for a while but I'm new on the forum, so pleased to meet you!!

I have few questions about text in Construct?

Ready? ok...

1) When using "text object" is there a way to make text direction from Right to left?

it's not the same as "Right" align.. it's only used for RTL languages like Arabic... the html code of it is:

<K dir="rtl">this is right to left text!</k>

2) I want to change colors of only few words in the text, is there a Plugin that offers That?

I imagine it like maybe some "keyword" that changes the color of the rest of text like "/c[#]" to predefined color # (properties : define them in the editor).

ex.

"This is Normal Color 0 text /C[1]This text with Color 1"

shows:

This is Normal Color 0 text This text with Color 1

waiting for your help... and thanks in advance

• +1

In my case, I use the text object(or spritefont) only for showing variables. I make additional sprites for non-variable messages or titles, etc.

I think the text features(including spritefont) in C2 lack of supports about non-English languages. I also want to know if there's more simple way.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • For the colors, you can use the Tag-Text plugon by

Unfortunately, it will not help you regarding the RTL.

And yes, I too would love it if C2 will support RTL.

Maybe we can ask rexrainbow to arrange for his plugin to also support RTL. That would be excellent!

• ses shaircast

Thank you very much for the replys...

for the Tag plugin I might use it in the next version of my "Visual Novel" Engine:

https://www.scirra.com/forum/my-visual-novel-engine_t99985

for now I'm now working on a game.. I found a way to make it without RTL (only works with that design).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)