Some questions and Hello !

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Hello all !

I'm new to construct and even if I don't know the soft well at the moment, I feel that I will be comfortable with it ! Looks greater than game maker and MMF ! Now, I have two questions about Construct.

1. I'm currently reading the tutorial on How To Make A Platform on the wiki (you know, the tutorial divided into lessons, and a word for his author: GREAT WORK) and I don't find the Animator tab at the bottom of the right panel... I thought about a problem of versions of Construct (I have the lastest)... I searched everywhere and didn't find it !

2. This is maybe more a suggestion than a question... I have a widescreen monitor and one think that I loved from game maker was the option to don't stretch the window when the fullscreen is enabled. That's great because when i want to make a game with a SNES resolution for example, It don't become stretchy and ugly like hell ! Do you think that the V.1 of construct will have a option like that ?

thank you for all ! And for Construct !!

Deriche

• Don't mind about the first question, I've answered myself

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Welcome

2. This is maybe more a suggestion than a question... I have a widescreen monitor and one think that I loved from game maker was the option to don't stretch the window when the fullscreen is enabled. That's great because when i want to make a game with a SNES resolution for example, It don't become stretchy and ugly like hell ! Do you think that the V.1 of construct will have a option like that ?

You can currently do this by detecting the display resolution of the player's system and changing the Zoom X and Zoom Y ratios to compensate for the screen stretch. Adding black bars to the side of the viewable play area will complete the illusion.

I would upload an example, but I'm not on my Construct computer at the moment. But you may be able to search the forum and find something that will help you, because this has been a topic that has come up before.

• Cool ! But it seems rather complicated... Is there some complete instructions somewhere about that ?

• Just set the 'resizing' setting under application properties to 'show more window content'.

• Thank you !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)