Some questions

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:30 am

@Rook: Other arguments from two years ago.
Life has gone by since and Chrome and Firefox perform on the same level nowadays.
Read Arima's previous answer about the drivers and stuff, since you are tech-savvy, unlike people who play games in browser according to you, you might find the way to finally fix your performance issues.

Also if you had been following/learning to use C2 during those past two years, you'd know now that the browser plugin allows fullscreen without having to press F11 in a workflow that suits the users control scheme and allows for a screen title that looks very much like a launcher of so many "native" games.

Concerning the size of the download, yes 32 megas is a lot for a "game" made of only a circle.
But on the other hand, when I watch the list of the last games I've bought through the humble bundle, most of them are several hundred of megs.
When I watch the list of the steam games I've installed, most of them are in gigabytes.
A finished game in node-webkit would be several hundred of megs with the "overhead" of 32 megs which represent a small fraction of it.
If you only play games that are a few dozen of megs, I'd think that it doesn't matter if you have a "gamer" graphic card because it's unlikely such a game will take advantage of it anyway.Kyatric2014-01-10 01:47:05
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:51 am

[QUOTE=aolko] Here are some questions i've come up while using C2:
1) How to make zooming right (without going through floor)?
2) How to remove white stripes w/ tilemap bg w/ pixel rounding and point sampling? [solved, but not fully]
3) Where the heck are ellipse tool and text tool? (In sprite editor)
4) Can tilemap be "interactable"? (i.e. breaking tiles, colliding with specific tiles, etc.)
5) Where's exe exporter? Bring it back. No, i don't like node-webgl one.[/QUOTE]

That's nice...
now get to the point

Edit;

2) + Telling us NodeWebkit is slow , that issue happens when you have old drivers , and that also may be the cause of you having bad performance , give us your rig , I want to laugh ...

Seriously tho , go upgrade those old drivers of yours and test again , and try not to blame software for your hardware's problemsWhiteclaws2014-01-10 01:54:58
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:47 am

I followed your tutorial beginners-guide-to-construct-2/it, but when she leaves the game says "game over press space to continue" not comes to the center of the screen, which setting should I change?
Thanks for your help
B

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:50 am

@Gamestyle

You shouldn't hijack another person's thread with unrelated questions. Please repost as your own thread.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:04 am

so you can not help me?
B

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:11 pm

[QUOTE=Whiteclaws]
2) + Telling us NodeWebkit is slow , that issue happens when you have old drivers , and that also may be the cause of you having bad performance , give us your rig , I want to laugh ...

Seriously tho , go upgrade those old drivers of yours and test again , and try not to blame software for your hardware's problems[/QUOTE]

You know, opengl/directx doesn't require you to install drivers every freaking time
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:02 pm

"Well, a good game maker software (which c2 poorly tries to be) should have a decent image/sprite editor (with functional at least similar to paint.net)"

C2 devellopement isn't over yet, so I guess it could improve some day

"well, too bad. Just because html5 won't stay for a long time, but EXE games are forever (steam, anyone?)"

HTML5 won't stay for a long time? EXE games forever? that just doesn't make sense, I can tell you even all exe games can not work well in the future (Hexplore won't work at all on 7 and XP, I think there is a patch for XP, but I never find it), but HTML5 is multiplatform, so I think if browsers still support it (I think they will let it be supported even when it'll be obsolete, but not sure), this can be valuable.

well-done HTML5 is slower than well-done exe? well yes, but not all games need that.

HTML5 only for web apps? no, just no, it can handle more than that.

I think your issue with C2 is that it does HTML5 games, you are not the only one with this, people tend to think C2 just serves the purpose of webapps and small games because of HTML5, but in reality, it is more like tring to let serious games accross all platforms, even the ones that are not obvious for that.

Also directX requires you to install the corresponding version, and even drivers sometimes, but drivers problems mostly handicap the C2 's editor rather than the game.Aphrodite2014-01-10 13:06:50
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:58 pm

[QUOTE=Aphrodite]
HTML5 only for web apps? no, just no, it can handle more than that.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah yeah, tell me about it
HTML5 is a markup language used for structuring and presenting content for the World Wide Web and a core technology of the Internet.[...]

[...]it extends, improves and rationalises the markup available for documents, and introduces markup and application programming interfaces (APIs) for complex web applications. For the same reasons, HTML5 is also a potential candidate for cross-platform mobile applications.aolko2014-01-10 13:59:03
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:40 pm

I correct my sentence, HTML5 combined with javascript can handle more than simpel applications, even if it's first purpose wasn't that.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:24 pm

[QUOTE=Aphrodite] I correct my sentence, HTML5 combined with javascript can handle more than simpel applications, even if it's first purpose wasn't that.[/QUOTE]

Javascript on client computer might be disabled (for example due to a security reasons), what's next?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General