Some questions

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:40 pm

Here are some questions i've come up while using C2:
1) How to make zooming right (without going through floor)?
2) How to remove white stripes w/ tilemap bg w/ pixel rounding and point sampling? [solved, but not fully]
3) Where the heck are ellipse tool and text tool? (In sprite editor)
4) Can tilemap be "interactable"? (i.e. breaking tiles, colliding with specific tiles, etc.)
5) Where's exe exporter? Bring it back. No, i don't like node-webgl one.aolko2014-01-09 15:27:08
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:48 pm

1) Depends on what you want, there is the "Set layout scale" action for exemple, which may be what you want, (you may want to check the fullscreen in browser settings too):

"Set layout scale
Set the scale (or zoom) of an entire layout. This scales all the layers in the layout, taking in to account their scale rate property." ~the manual

3)I don't think there are at all, I admit C2's sprite editor is quite primitive, I think it is designed only for minor modifications of images, you'd better off using a picture editing software then import inside C2.

4) you can interact with tiles in events, so it should be possible (didn't try it myself though).

5)There is no other exe exporter than node-webkit, since C2 isn't created with the code of construct classic, and uses HTML5 based exports.

For 2) I don't know

It may be possible that I made mistakes on something, english isn't my primary language + I am just a C2 user
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:53 pm

2)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:04 pm

[QUOTE=Aphrodite]
3)I don't think there are at all, I admit C2's sprite editor is quite primitive, I think it is designed only for minor modifications of images, you'd better off using a picture editing software then import inside C2.
[/QUOTE]
Well, a good game maker software (which c2 poorly tries to be) should have a decent image/sprite editor (with functional at least similar to paint.net)

[QUOTE=Aphrodite]
4) you can interact with tiles in events, so it should be possible (didn't try it myself though).
[/QUOTE]
like, how do i make on collision event to break one tile (see super mario bros)?

[QUOTE=Aphrodite]
5)There is no other exe exporter than node-webkit, since C2 isn't created with the code of construct classic, and uses HTML5 based exports.
[/QUOTE]
well, too bad. Just because html5 won't stay for a long time, but EXE games are forever (steam, anyone?)

p.s. this forum engine sucks (it keeps throwing timeouts while editing/ replying to the damn post, also post reply form is wierd and broken)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:19 pm

you might want to take a look at the magicam plugin for your zooming and scrolling needs http://www.scirra.com/forum/re-magicam-plugin-v143-betaupdated-12-10_topic41026.html

it's pretty awesome, i just found out about it
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:25 pm

[QUOTE=russpuppy]
it's pretty awesome, i just found out about it[/QUOTE]
mkay
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:15 pm

[QUOTE=aolko]well, too bad. Just because html5 won't stay for a long time, but EXE games are forever (steam, anyone?)[/QUOTE]

Html5 isn't some proprietary plugin like flash - it's part of the standard of the web as much as normal HTML is. It's not going anywhere. In addition, node webkit is an exe just as much as any other exe. There is a game on steam which uses it (game dev tycoon) and even has integration with steam's API. There's no reason not to use it.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:23 pm

[QUOTE=Arima] [QUOTE=aolko]well, too bad. Just because html5 won't stay for a long time, but EXE games are forever (steam, anyone?)[/QUOTE]

Html5 isn't some proprietary plugin like flash - it's part of the standard of the web as much as normal HTML is. It's not going anywhere. In addition, node webkit is an exe just as much as any other exe. There is a game on steam which uses it (game dev tycoon) and even has integration with steam's API. There's no reason not to use it.[/QUOTE]
Why not Perl?
Why not PHP?
Why not ASP.net?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:58 pm

I'm not sure what you're asking?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:40 pm

[QUOTE=Arima] I'm not sure what you're asking?[/QUOTE]
they are standartized (like html) web (like html) languages, that would be just silly to try make games on them, thats how currently html5 looks like
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General