First of all, I have to commend the team for creating this awesome product and being on top of things with updates and bug fixes. You guys rock! :)
Now, I've started using Construct on my first serious project recently and decided to make a list of the things that bug me when I run into them and which might be improved.
I apologize if some of them are already reported (I looked for a suggestion list on the forum and found that it's preferred not to have one), or if I simply used the feature wrong and missed something. I've put in an effort to test and search before putting stuff on the list.
Here's the list so far (just verified with r103.2):
- Sprite - Edit animations: remember the location/size of all sub-windows (the final positions are saved when closing the Edit Animations dialog, but during the time it is open the "Color Palette" window position is reset every time it's closed/reopened and the "Image Points" window resets every time the animation frame is changed!)
- Sprite - Edit animations: when resizing sprite, add option to lock aspect and a percentage-based resize
- Sprite - Edit animations: add a way to copy/move selected sprites from one animation to another (now they can be duplicated and moved only within the animation they are part of)
- Event sheet - Group rename: when renaming group, update all references to the group name
- Expression editor: doubleclick in expressions is acting weird when the popup is first opened (at first it selects the doubleclicked word with the preceding space, comma and the whole previous word); after that, it seems to work as intended (doubleclick = select word; another doubleclick, or tripleclick = select entire expression)
- Layout - Layers: add the ability to select and move multiple layers together (or to link layers to other layers so they move together)
- Layout - sprite - Z-order: allow more customization than just send to top/bottom of layer (e.g. setting a Z-index)