Something is broken with r166

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:38 am

Ashley wrote:Can anyone confirm that r167 has fixed it?

I still have my problem with the dictionary triggering order:
This is the thread I've made (which contains a capx):
dictionary-bug_t101504

As I'm not an expert I can't be sure I've done my dictionary events right, but then why would it work with r163 and not with r166 & 167 ?
Lunar Mission for Android & iOS
B
S

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:30 pm

OK, I looked in to this a bit more carefully and think I might have found the cause. Instead of doing a full new release can anyone affected by different trigger behavior try the following:

1. Download https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15217362/r167-fix.zip
2. Extract to <install directory>\exporters\html5, replacing the eveng.js and preview.js files already there
3. Restart Construct 2
4. Test again and see if fixed

Let me know if that resolves the issue.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:32 pm

@johnsmith - your example also uses nonsensical events - I have no idea what you expect 'trigger once' underneath a loop to do, it just doesn't make sense. If the above fix doesn't work in that case, try making as simple as possible reproduction .capx and posting a new bug report (following all the guidelines) for that. As far as we are aware the Dictionary plugin is working fine and it's also a very simple plugin so it would be surprising if something was wrong with it.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:40 pm

This resolves the issue for me, at least the thing i was testing against seems to be working as intended. Thank you :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:59 pm

Ashley wrote:@johnsmith - your example also uses nonsensical events - I have no idea what you expect 'trigger once' underneath a loop to do, it just doesn't make sense. If the above fix doesn't work in that case, try making as simple as possible reproduction .capx and posting a new bug report (following all the guidelines) for that. As far as we are aware the Dictionary plugin is working fine and it's also a very simple plugin so it would be surprising if something was wrong with it.

Thanks for your help Ashley.
I've dowloaded the fix, but the problem was the same.
I've removed all 'trigger once' as you said, and it's working now... So it was my mistake, sorry... Guess I still have to learn when to use "trigger once", gonna check the manual some more.
Lunar Mission for Android & iOS
B
S

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:41 pm

Debugger shows about 25-30% CPU utilisation in a new project with just 2 sprites.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:02 pm

thanks @ashley for the fix, wing now seems to return normal.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:17 pm

Ashley wrote:OK, I looked in to this a bit more carefully and think I might have found the cause. Instead of doing a full new release can anyone affected by different trigger behavior try the following:

1. Download https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15217362/r167-fix.zip
2. Extract to <install directory>\exporters\html5, replacing the eveng.js and preview.js files already there
3. Restart Construct 2
4. Test again and see if fixed

i will do it ashley, and report the results ASAP thanks!!!

UPDATE:

IT WORKED!!! IT WORKED!! YEEEES!! thanks a lot ashley!!! you are a god among men :o , im very impressed the way you figure it out whitout looking at any .capx!! very good costumer service!!! :D
now my triggers are working as intended and everything is back to normal :D thanks!!!!!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:59 pm

Glad to hear it works - I'll make a .2 release tomorrow to get some broader testing in and if all is OK then that can turn in to a stable release.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:34 pm

@Ashley 167 working for me as well.

But I have a whole new problem - things like opening a save or open window in say sprite editor or importing music will reward me with a blank window (no buttons or anything) and adding events has unusual results for example I tried to do a system create object event, when i go to select the object the window just closes and the bottom value in the system spawn box was greyed out and unselectable.

Very strange random stuff. I've done a clean install of C2 now and rebooted etc etc. I Also just did a giant garbage collection incase I was hitting some sort of limitation on the amount of objects or files c2 can handle. I'll open a ticket if I can't resolve it myself by tomorrow. But the events issue is indeed gone for me so yay!!! Thanks for all your hard work as usual!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Closed bugs