Something weird happening...

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Just updated to r196.

OK, at first I was having trouble with "Clone object type". When I tried to clone an object type in my layout, the clone didn't appear (though it still showed up in the project bar), and for some reason my grid view vanished. I started a new project as a tester, created a sprite, cloned it, and everything worked fine, so I decided it must be a problem with my main project.

Then I decided to try creating a new sprite from scratch, and that's when things got funky. The new sprite (a red square) showed up with this pseudo-3D effect - as I dragged it around the layout, it changed dimensions as if it were a flat 3D object. Then, literally just now as I was posting this, everything suddenly just went back to normal. Clone object type works fine.

HELP ME AM I GOING CRAZY

• Try turn off Preview Effects in the editor. PS You're using a way too old version

• Lols, well of course I meant R196.

And thanks, my night was getting a bit more Twilight Zone than I usually like No idea why I haven't seen that before though, I usually have effects turned on (I think, guess I could have popped it on by accident somehow). Is it a 196 thing?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Lols, well of course I meant R196.

And thanks, my night was getting a bit more Twilight Zone than I usually like No idea why I haven't seen that before though, I usually have effects turned on (I think, guess I could have popped it on by accident somehow). Is it a 196 thing?

No it's been around since forever. Depends on which effects you're using. I get it with 'Set color' (which is pretty rubbish and buggy itself but yeah)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)