Sometimes C2 previews incorrectly

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:35 pm

Has anyone seen this happen in Firefox or IE? It would be useful if anyone affected could preview for a while using a different browser and report back if the same issue occurs. Reading this thread, it does sound like a Chrome-only issue.

Has anyone ever seen this after exporting as well? It also sounds like it's limited to previewing only, which would mean it wouldn't impact published games.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:33 pm

I've also had this happen in Firefox (latest update), including after HTML5 export. A page refresh typically fixes the issue, though sometimes I have to refresh a few times. Haven't had the issue when exporting to Node-Webkit.digitalsoapbox2013-11-05 16:34:35
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:53 am

Hi,

i just encounter that about 5 sec after preview, the screen preview will go crazy, white screen then start random shows then blank again

i wonder what happened
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:57 am

In my case, the preview went out of places if chrome is zoomed in or out. The touch behavior also won't work.

Previews are ok when the scale is at 100%
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:51 pm

Hello. Something similar happened to me today. Yesterday, Construct 2 was previewing my game in Chrome just fine. Today, without making any changes whatsoever to the project, every object that had the "glow" effect in the layout turned invisible! I checked older versions of my project (I have a weekly backup) to see if it had been something I had done wrong on my latest version... But ALL of the versions now share this problem. Deleting the "glow" effects of the object didn't seem to work either, now they're always invisible. I've only been using Chrome for these tests. Maybe it's the browser that's not rendering the glowing objects correctly?

(This only happened to me today. I've been using construct almost every day for the last 6 months, and had never seen this issue).

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, as I was just a tweak or two away from finishing my project, and it was meant to be used as my official Game Design portfolio to find a job in the industry. (I recently graduated as a Game Designer from College).
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:13 pm

@JorgePR

Ashley always recommends to test on all browsers. If it appears correct in say FireFox, then it's more than likely a bug in Chrome, or an addon to Chrome that is causing it.

See if there is a Chrome update.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:46 pm

It might also be a new bug in the latest version of chrome. Try node webkit as well.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:07 pm

Thanks, zenox98, Arima, for your advice. :) I ran the preview on Firefox, and the problem effectively disappeared, so it must be a bug in the newest version of Chrome. Thanks for helping clear that up!
B
S

Post » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:46 pm

Just for the record, I found out that Chrome is affecting the visibility of every object that had an effect on it, not just the ones with "glow". Those with "warp" and "water" effects were also turned semi-invisible or completely invisible. Anyone else having this problem while previewing in Chrome?
B
S

Post » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:42 am

I prefer using Chrome but I have experienced the same issue that I sometimes have to reload the preview because certain things did not load properly. Sometimes sprites are just offset or the graphics look blurred. It seems to be completely random though and the only way to reproduce is to continuously preview until it loads incorrectly. I think it is a browser issue.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Closed bugs