A4 has been updated yet again.
The updates aren't really remarkable, so it doesn't require a totally new version to go with it.
* Added an intro and character select screen
* Added a "variable jumping" function, so holding the button allows the player to minimise their jump with just a tap of the jump key.
* Sonic will stop in his tracks properly when he hits a wall, you can't accelerate while against a wall.
While two niggling issues I've wanted to fix are more or less fixed, there are still major physics issues...
* Lack of slope acceleration/deceleration
* Issues with slopes and what to actually do when Sonic doesn't have enough speed
I think there's others, but they don't come to mind right now. If anyone has an ideas how how I can implement solutions for these, I'd be grateful. Problem is, though, the Sonic Physics Guide
doesn't quite mesh well with the Construct way of doing things, well, not in this instance, anyway. For example, I tried to use the method described for slope acceleration/deceleration, but it just carks up no matter what. It's frustrating.
If anyone can figure out a solution for slope acceleration/deceleration, I would be most grateful.