Sonic like movement

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:01 pm

Can you think of an easy and efficient method to translate the horizontal movement (and input) of the Platform behavior into rotational movement around a loop? I can't. It just seems to me that you'd need to fudge with the speed and gravity settings of the Platform behavior way too much. I mean, when you press left, the Platform player moves left... how do you tell it you want to move Up or Right instead, and make the transition seamless around a full circle? Yeah, it's probably possible, but that's so many basic functions of the Platform behavior that you're making workarounds for that it hardly seems worth it to me. If you have to change the fundamental movement so much, you might as well go completely custom and save yourself the headache.

I'm sure Quazi could, though.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:00 pm

Hey!

Thx alot David! Thats exactly what we needed! Will try to implement it tonight!

Deadeye: Yeah your probarbly right about the custom movement. Not sure we will be using any loops though... but probarbly lots of other stuff that will screw with platform behavior. We are probarbly going to stick with platform behavior until we find out what you already told us :)
Btw thx for the tutorial, it has been very useful even though we didn't want the slope solution!
B
G

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:52 pm

So it's a Sonic like movement minus the spinning and the loops. Got it.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:25 pm

david's example is basically how the tank works, but in a simpler way.

the only prob with his example is he only uses 2 samples, which would make a sharp variation look weird, id use 5, or even 10.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic