Sonic

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu May 23, 2013 12:18 am

hello, I'm making a sonic game, any idea how to create the spindash and physics of motion, would be helpful
B

Post » Thu May 23, 2013 1:10 am

Well the easiest way is on key pressing down, do the spin animation, when the key is released, keep the animation but move sonic forward at a much faster pace.

Is that what you mean? I'm not totally sure what you mean by physics of motion.ArcadEd2013-05-23 01:11:00
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 23, 2013 3:55 am

You could create a global variable called charge or something like that.
I guess if you hold down, then the spindash animation can play in a loop while also adding some value to the variable called charge, then when you let go you could apply a physics impulse based on the value of charge to launch sonic.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 23, 2013 9:54 pm

[QUOTE=ArcadEd] Well the easiest way is on key pressing down, do the spin animation, when the key is released, keep the animation but move sonic forward at a much faster pace.

Is that what you mean? I'm not totally sure what you mean by physics of motion.[/QUOTE]

as changing the angle of the sprite when it rotates 360 degrees for the platform?
B

Post » Fri May 24, 2013 12:31 am

[QUOTE=seba182] [QUOTE=ArcadEd] Well the easiest way is on key pressing down, do the spin animation, when the key is released, keep the animation but move sonic forward at a much faster pace.

Is that what you mean? I'm not totally sure what you mean by physics of motion.[/QUOTE]

as changing the angle of the sprite when it rotates 360 degrees for the platform? [/QUOTE]

This isn't a trivial matter as changing the angle of the sprite is the algorithm that gives Sonic games their novelty and is difficult to replicate.

This gives some details on the algorithm. I also recommend looking at Sonic Physics Guide, which is guide designed for creating Sonic fan games that gives details about the algorithms and variables used to create the classic games.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?