Sooth - adventure point'n'touch

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:23 am

@Ethan I actually do have some parallax on the latest backgrounds, but I could cut some back trees and give them some as well. I'm trying to fake a touch zoom-in/zoom out with mouse to test all these!

@Wrangler Thanks! I wouldn't hope to see the finished product anytime soon, but I hope to have a demo within these few months ^^

@robotecollective Thanks!I really like what you have going on Trambo, and great poster/box art!

No much progress these days as I just moved house, but I'll work on making all these fancy touch controls work soon:

[quote]Tap/click on environment: walk to area/ pick up character or object
Tap/click on character/object: pick up character or object
Tap/click on player: drop pick ups

Double tap/click: skip to area/pick up character or object

Pinch in/out: zoom or dezoom the view (20 to 100%)
Hold tap/click: pan

Hold tap/click on player: slowly bring in menu (like S&S sworcery power) with the following:
-     Save
-     Load
-     Hints
-     Collectibles
-     Options
-     Quit

Players tap the extremity of a scene to proceed to the next one.

Players can take two items at a time in hands and will combine them automatically, but are limited to the area they found it in. They drop all objects and character they picked before leaving an area.

Items are too heavy to be brought along by the character and will be let on the ground before leaving the area.

Players can take the hand of a character to bring them somewhere and have them interact with the environment or other characters. Some characters may refuse to be taken or can disturb puzzles. [/quote]

sved2014-01-06 09:26:08
...but this is mostly psychological.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:19 am

Working on bringing places of the past as places of power in our far future... ones that could still work after so many years.

B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:29 pm

Is that a solar array? Looking awesome as usual.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:08 am

@Ethan Thanks!It is a solar array, and specifically a circular one, to work with a molten salt solar plant.

I was looking for power generation installations that could look like a modern Stonehenge to our descendants, and these fit quite well! I will implement a top view of the installation in the storyline, one way or another, because they do look very mystical ^^
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:27 am

Cool idea. Your character reminds me of E.T. lol
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:26 am

@Burvey I did got that comment before, but I still find my little burd cute, so I'm not sure whether to modify it or not. It looks less obvious with other characters besides, though:

I did reduce the head a bit but I may need to reduce it further. Though it's not a bad reference, I would prefer the character to be more original, and less "like something else"

sved2014-01-20 05:28:08
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:34 am

I think it's the side view with the oblong head on the long neck that did it for me. And no need to change the character! There's only so many 'looks' you can achieve on a humanoid figure. :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:18 am

FYI, when you copy and paste all the tutorials that you would need together, it doesn't work.

So, concept art:

B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:01 am

And more concept art, now working on how to link the sceneries together

B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:08 pm

I started to put all locations on a map to help visualize things. It's far from complete, but it really helps the world construction!

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests