Sound in AppMobi

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:13 am

Same results here. Sounds works in the XDK if I put them in the Music folder but they don't work with TestLocal or TestAnywhere.
I'm using Construct2 version 98

i tried with my Samsung Galaxy S and also my Kindle Fire.
If any has any tips or insight please post!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:42 pm

We're working with appMobi to improve directCanvas integration. I would not expect anything to work in Test Local or Test Anywhere until appMobi next update AppLab. However in the mean time you should be able to build a complete app and that may work a little better.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:32 am

Hi Ashley... I gave upon Direct Canvas because of the black screen issue. I was just trying to use the phone browser method and I'm running into the no sound problem with that.

I agree, I think the appmobi side of things isn't really complete yet. Everything works perfectly and as expected when exported as regular HTML5.

I'm considering purchasing Construct2 just so I can try out the cocoonjs method. After purchase, can I still keep downloading all the new beta versions of Construct2? Do I have to re-validate that its not the free version every time or will it just know?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:18 am

@geekgirl: It will know. You "set" your license once and for all the first time, and on updates you have the new version working with your own license.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:27 pm

Bah, looking forward to this being fixed. I thought I was going crazy not being able to get appmobi working properly (black screen issue) but glad to see it's not just me (and that I'm not getting stupid with this technology stuff haha).

Bought C2 strictly for making games on mobile, but nothing in the pipe really and I can wait :)
B
G

Post » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:14 am

Same problem here, can't get it to work on the XDK at all. Tried moving the sounds to the music folders but to no avail.

They gave this response on the link in the first page of this thread:

"We found a bug that dealt with AppMobi.player.loadSound(a) when used with construct2. You can work around this by adding a second paramerter to the loadSound call.

CODE: SELECT ALL
AppMobi.player.loadSound(a)        // current call
AppMobi.player.loadSound(a,1)      // change it to

Rebuild your ad hoc app and it will work."

However I don't know any coding and have no idea where to find this. Anyone able to guide me through this? Thanks!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?