Sound lag

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:04 am

Hi Guys,

I'm currently trying publish my games onto the windows store, I'm exporting my projects using the 'Windows 8.1 Universal' option, but when I tested my game on my phone via visual studio the sound (when it first plays) lags quite a bit.

Is there any way to fix this? I have tried preloading the sounds etc but that doesnt seem to fix it either.

I have also just tried doing a basic empty game and just playing a sound on click just to make sure its not my game, and I have the same issue with that also.

Any help would be great,

Thanks,
Alan
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:16 pm

I'm not sure how to tell what is wrong but I check to make sure you have all of your settings and formats correct:
https://www.scirra.com/manual/52/import-audio

I'm not audio wiz, I've only used audio files a few times in Construct. One time though a file didn't have the optimal settings but I figured hey I'll try it anyway. It worked fine in my browser and I forgot to change it and later when pulling it up on my phone it made horrid noise (like a dial-up modem or a fax). I can't find it right now where I read what the optimal settings are but since the link I sent is part of the manual I assume the bits and Hz displayed in the image are recommended.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?