Space 'n' Time

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:13 pm

@kurz

Firstly, try not to panic. It's always possible that your game is working on other mobile devices, just not mine. I will also give it a go on the iPod touch when I get the chance.

Which version of Construct 2 are you using? Since I updated to beta v136 I also encountered a Touch Not Working problem on my own game. I assumed it was something to do with Gamejolt's chat system conflicting somehow, but its always possible there's a new bug that no ones aware of yet (though touch does work fine from my Dropbox account. Perhaps you could try uploading your game to Dropbox as well, and see if that makes a difference?)

On the plus side, what I saw of your game before the touch stopped working for me was very polished. The graphics and animation are looking very sharp, so well done there!

Anyway, I will keep on testing whenever I get the chance. I will also experiment with my own game, and share any useful findings
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:31 pm

I panic because I nervous by my nature ((

Thanks for good words ! And about dropbox - I don't think this is right decision. DropBox, GoogleDrive, Kongregate, NewGrounds... its just "hostings". I think game not depends on hosting.

In any case: I remake smth and it's looks like game became to work fine!
It was my error: I compared lines before they are created. I'm surprised how it works?! But if the error (black screen) appears again, I do not know what else to do
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:12 pm

@kurz

I just tested it again, and it now works perfectly on Chrome on my ipad 3 - music plays fine, and touch works fine (out of curiosity, what events did you remove to get it working? You never know, it might help clear up the problem I'm having on Gamejolt)

On Safari it works perfectly the first time, but when I close down the tab and open it a second time the game plays without any audio (an acceptable loss at this point). I haven't experienced the black screen at all. I will do more tests soon; at this point, I'd say you are heading in the right direction! Well done.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:12 pm

Sounds was in another eventsheet and work as include eventsheet. I delete they and add to menu as native. Big play button on menu was bound to music events. Maybe is was an error. And as I already said - I compare lines before they created <- BIG mistake.

But if the music still disappears so the problem is not solved yet.

And thanks for testing and your care to the my project!Kurz2013-07-05 14:16:50
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:20 pm

Android version added!!!

I hope, I make project correctly, but one guy already said, that game stuck and show 0 fps only (f*** yeah! ) and the load on the CPU is 80% .

downloadKurz2013-07-06 15:48:02
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:49 pm

@kurz

I've searched around on the forum, and audio not working on iOS devices (such as ipad, iPod etc) seems to be a common problem, as you can read about here: http://www.scirra.com/forum/audio-still-not-working-in-r119-on-ios_topic63619.html

I followed @davida13 suggestion to remove all m4a sounds from the offline appcache (to be found in the export folder, under the file name 'offline') as my game was suffering exactly the same problem, and it now works fine on both safari and Chrome. As Ashley mentions, the downside of doing this is the game won't work offline (except on desktop devices, which use .ogg format sound, I believe) so you may need to decide what's most important to your game - sound working on iOS devices, or offline support for devices that use m4a sounds.

Currently I am only running my game from Dropbox, but I'll be uploading it to various game sites shortly. I'll let you know if the offline audio solution causes problems, or makes the game work better later (unfortunately I have no Android devices to test on, so I cannot check whether fixing things on one device causes problems on another)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:09 pm

What you mean when you said "offline support"?
If this web version, so it doesn't work offline. Or I not understand?

Now, m4a sounds removed.

Hope other people with different devices will test it.

please
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:56 pm

@kurz

Offline support is best explained by Ashley here:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/70/offline-games-in-construct-2

I don't know how many people actually play online games offline, so it may or may not be important, depending on where you're aiming to get your game published.

I've just tested your game again, and the audio is now working perfectly on both Chrome and Safari on the ipad3, no matter how many times I hit the refresh button. I have just uploaded the new version of my Board Horde game to Newgrounds using the same audio trick, and it seems to also be running fine. I'm still having troubles with Clay.io however, and can't get any sound to play on my ipad from the version of my game I've uploaded there, no matter what I do.

Oh well, back to experimenting!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:30 pm

Okay, I've just solved the Clay.io audio problem.

Incase you're thinking of exporting your game to Clay.io, the reasons for a lack of sound on iOS devices is due to the Export to Chrome option in c2 only exporting .ogg audio files, and no m4a audio files. If you export to chrome then you also need to copy the m4a audio files manually into the media folder (it seems odd that no one has mentioned this before) My game now has audio on Clay! I just hope it works on Android devices too.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:09 pm

I'm not to going to add this game to Clay.io, because it haven't highscore system and I have no idea how to realise scores here.(Am I right? Almost all games on clay.io which I saw have highscores)

Now I watch to the Kongregate side. I have to polish it as much as possible to be in the featured list. I'm ready to kill somebody for place in this list. (just joke...or...))) Because otherwise this game will get lost. Kurz2013-07-06 19:12:34
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations